Bryant’s Newest Fans Pack The Chace

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Coach O’Shea couldn’t have said it better himself when he addressed the student body today via e-mail as Bulldog Nation.  With the Bryant Men’s Basketball team 3-1 this season, the Bryant community is expecting this season to be another great one.

It was no surprise when this past Saturday, during their second home game this season, Bryant swept the University of Vermont with a 87-64 win.  Yes, the team has come back even bigger and better than before but something else is different too-the fans.

Led by an executive board of 10 with students like Bobby Davis as the President and Patrick Coleman as Treasurer, The Dawg Pound is the school’s first glimpse of how exciting Division 1 sports are.  Bryant became a Division 1 school throughout the past few years but the term Bulldog Nation almost happened overnight.  As mentioned on the Dawg Pound Facebook page, “The Dawg Pound is the official student section for Bryant University. We are the superfans who scream and shout as loud as we can and never miss a game. We are the definition of “Home-court Advantage” and make it known to visiting teams that this is our house and they will not walk out of here with a win!”

This past Saturday, The Dawg Pound packed up the Chace Athletic Center and brought a smile to the Coach’s and team’s faces which was exemplified through Coach’s e-mail today—“I would be remiss if I did not begin by expressing my thanks to all of you who packed the Chace Athletic Center Saturday night for our home opener against the University of Vermont.  Your energy and enthusiasm created as good a home court advantage as exists anywhere in the country.  In the end, the Vermont Catamounts really had no chance thanks to you!”

So, as the season continues, The Dawg Pound, the team, the community, and Coach O’Shea are excited for all of your support.  This coming Wednesday the Bulldogs are taking on the much anticipated undefeated Harvard Crimson in Cambridge at 7PM.  For $10, you could go.

The $10 will cover the following:

• Boxed Lunch
  • A bus ride to and from
  • A ticket to the game

To register, click here!  Coach O’Shea also made note that if any student sensed he or she may have a problem with paying the $10 to e-mail him and he will personally pay for you.

So, just like Coach O’Shea ended his e-mail today…Go bulldogs.

Jessica is a senior at Bryant University where she is majoring in management and double minoring in marketing and communication.  She holds the position as Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Bryant and was actually one of the first founding members!  Beyond Her Campus Bryant, she is the Vice President of the Bryant Marketing Association and a MyPath Mentor.  She loves working at the Amica Center for Career Education where she manages their marketing and social media efforts but also enjoys her time at the Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership and the school's bookstore. When at home in Connecticut, she loves to watch movies with her family, play with her dog, have bonfires with friends, sleepovers with her sister, and scrapbook! Jessica aspires to one day manage her own department of a fortune 500 company, or even run her own company with a little bit of writing on the side!  Upon graduating this coming May, she will jump-start her career at EMC as a Marketing Development Associate in the Marketing Development Program.
Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.