alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Bryant Students and their Awesome Summer Internships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Need ideas for future internships? Check out some of the great ways Bryant studens spent their summers!

Name: Shannon Foglia

Position & Company: Public Relations Intern, CCA Global Partners/Carpet One

About: At CCA Global Partners, I was the PR intern for Carpet One Floor & Home stores. I wrote press releases, interior design magazines and blogs, and tons of social media content. I collaborated with a group of interns on an initiative to improve awareness of the company as well. My favorite part of the internship was getting to support Building for America’s Bravest, a program that builds smart homes for catastrophically injured veterans.

Name: Chelsey Mancini

Company & Position: PricewaterhouseCoopers, Financial Services Assurance Intern 

About: At PwC, I worked within teams on audit related projects to develop client experience. In addition to my work, I was involved in many other activities such as community service and networking events. I even traveled to Disney World with the firm! 

Here is a photo of some Bryant students and me networking at PwC’s Northeast Intern Olympics in Boston!

Name: Marissa LeBlanc

Company & Position: Aetna, Human Resources Associate

About: I specialized in HR Compliance & Policy and made sure that Aetna was abiding by the laws and regulations.

Name: Haley Jones

Company & Position: Nike Communications; Public Relations Intern (Accessories Team)

About: I worked with clients to attain greater brand awareness and worked with major media outlets to get our clients into those magazines, newspapers, and television shows. 

Name: Kathleen Stempel

Company & Position: This summer I worked in the financial management leadership development program at Travelers Insurance in Hartford, CT. 

About: I am an accounting major, so I worked on financial reporting and the financial close process for one of the company’s business units. My program had 20 interns total so it was fun to get to know all of them through the classes we took together on insurance and finance and our program networking events!

Marissa is a sophomore at Bryant University majoring in management and minoring in psychology. She is the Social Media chair at HC, which she absolutely loves! Her favorite past times are baking (esp. chocolate covered pretzels) and exercising. Marissa hopes to work for a large corporation when she graduates in May 2016.