Bryant Bulldog a Victim of the Warick Condo Fire: How you can help a fellow Bulldog

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Around 10:30 am on Wednesday, March 11, the Warwick Fire Department responded to a call about a fire at Westgate Condominiums in Warwick, Rhode Island.  Fortunately, none of the 100 residents who were in the building were harmed, but their homes have been completely destroyed.

The fire spread very quickly, and firefighters were unable to connect to a working fire hydrant immediately.  Most of the families who lived in the building have only the clothes they were wearing, whatever they grabbed, and each other. 

According to Nancy Krause in an article for WPRI, flames could be seen from half a mile away, and the smoke could be seen from Providence.

Needless to say, this fire has been extremely devastating for everyone involved, including one of our own Bryant Bulldogs.  Jason Boulay, a Bryant University student, lived in the Westgate Condominiums with his fiancé and six year old son.  In addition to being a student at Bryant, Jason is a barber and a veteran who served in Afghanistan.  Jason’s fiancé is working as a CNA and going through nursing school.

“Although everyone is physically okay, we lost everything in the fire,” Jason wrote on his GoFundMe page – Boulay Family Fire Fund.  “Any help would be greatly appreciated.”

According to his GoFundMe page, Jason and his family are currently staying in a hotel, and they are going to need more financial help. 

As Bulldogs, this tragedy hits way too close to home.  Her Campus Bryant is extremely thankful to Jason for his service and would like to encourage Bryant Bulldogs to help Jason and his family by donating and sharing his page

For more information on the Westgate Condominium fire and how you can help, visit these pages:

38 condo units destroyed in Warwick fire

Warwick condo fire putting strain on Red Cross

How to help victims of devastating Warwick condominium fire