Boston Bruins Bring Smiles To The Children’s Hospital

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

On October 28th, three Boston Bruin’s Hockey Players geared up in Halloween costumes instead of their uniform. The now baby, pirate, and Buzzlightyear headed to the Children’s Hospital in Boston to give back to some of the kids who have faced difficult obstacles at a far too young age. The three players (Dougie Hamilton, Reilly Smith and Matt Bartkowski) were amazingly able to bring Halloween to the hospital and surprise the children with Bruin’s Gift Bags. This visit has become an annual event for the Bruins and is just one of the many ways that they give back to the community through charities, as a team. 

As a huge philanthropic supporter ourselves, Her Campus Bryant would like to thank Dougie, Reilly and Matt for their generous dedication to the community and those children and look forward to seeing what they do in the future, both on and off the ice. 

P.S. The baby, Dougie Hamilton, was our favorite, what’s yours??
Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.