Bite-Sized Christmas Desserts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Looking for something easy to bake this holiday season? Even something cute? Check out these two simple recipes:

Santa Hats

Ingredients:

• 125g butter, chopped

• 1 1/3 cups (200g) NESTLÉ Dark Melts, plus ½ cup (75g) extra

• 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar

• 2 eggs, lightly beaten

• 2 cups (300g) plain flour

• 3/4 cup (140g) NESTLÉ Mini Choc Bits

• 16 strawberries, hulled and trimmed

• 1/2 cup (125mL) thickened cream, whipped

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease and line base and sides of a 19 cm square cake pan.

1. Combine butter, NESTLÉ Dark Melts and sugar in large microwave safe bowl; microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth; cool 2-5 mins.

1. Stir in eggs, then flour and then NESTLÉ Mini Choc Bits. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, smooth top. Bake 25 minutes, or until mixture is just firm to touch. Cool in pan. Turn out and use a 4cm round cutter to cut 16 rounds.

1. Place extra NESTLÉ Dark Melts in a microwave safe bowl; microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted. Drop a little melted chocolate on the cut-side of each strawberry and adhere to brownie round.

1. Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle, pipe cream on strawberries to mate Santa hat pom poms and trimming.

Grinch Kabobs

Ingredients:

• Toothpicks

• Green grapes

• Sliced bananas

• Sliced strawberry ends (to look like Santa’s hat)

• Mini marshmallows

Directions:

1. Stack toothpicks starting with a green grape (stem side through the toothpick), then a slice of a banana, the slice of a strawberry (pointy end last), then a mini marshmallow (looks like the puffy end of Santa’s hat).

2. Eat fairly soon after or the bananas will go bad quickly!

Thanks to http://fun2bfrugal.com for the recipes!

Marissa is a sophomore at Bryant University majoring in management and minoring in psychology. She is the Social Media chair at HC, which she absolutely loves! Her favorite past times are baking (esp. chocolate covered pretzels) and exercising. Marissa hopes to work for a large corporation when she graduates in May 2016.
Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.