Biggest Lessons I’ve Learned This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will

If you don’t believe in yourself, if you don’t believe that you are worthy of love, happiness or whatever it may be, others won’t either. Show yourself the respect that you deserve.

Forgiveness is something you have to give to yourself-

You don’t forgive someone because you are weak, but because you are strong enough to realize that only by giving up on the resentment will grant you happiness. Taking on someone else’s pain does not make yours any better. Find peace within yourself.

Don’t trip over what is behind you-

Don’t let the past control the future. Learn how to move on from what has already left. There is no point in holding onto something that doesn’t exist anymore.

Don’t force anything, what is meant to be, will be-

Trust the fact that there is a plan for you, if something is not meant for you it is because something better is on its way.

Take chances and make mistakes-

You have to fail in order to grow.  If you don’t try you will never know what you can accomplish.

Time heals all wounds-

Sometimes you go through something and you feel as though you will never get over it. But as time goes on things get better and slowly you heal. It won’t happen overnight, but one morning you will wake up and your chest won’t feel as heavy as it used to.

Your life isn’t yours if you constantly care about what others think-

The only person you have to live for is yourself. Not everyone is going to like you. There are always going to be someone who can’t handle the type of person you are. That’s not your fault. Never change for anyone.

It’s okay to walk away from someone you care about, if it’s in your best interest-

Yes, you care deeply about this person, but if they bring you more pain then happiness what are you gaining from the relationship? Know when it is time to let something go and when it’s your best interest to do so.

Time alone is time well spent-

It’s okay to take time for yourself to focus on you. Everyone deserves a break from the chaos that goes on in life.

Don’t avoid confrontation-

Although this may be easier, holding back emotions will never do you any justice in the long run. It is always important to be open and honest about what is bothering you.

Your family will always support you no matter what-

Your family will always have your best interest at heart. Although you may not want to believe it sometimes they always will be there for you.

Bryant Univerity
Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.