Style > Beauty

Affordable Ways to Keep Your Skin Looking Fresh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As college students, we have enough to stress over. Studying, homework, money, clubs, and trying to figure out what we’re going to do once we graduate. We don’t want to have to be worrying about our skin too. Sometimes we don’t always get around to putting makeup on as we are running to our 8am. We want to be able to confidently run to class without makeup, instead of feeling insecure about bad skin. However, keeping up with a skin care routine can get pricey. Here is an affordable skin care routine we have been loving for college.

1. Cleanser

Product shot courtesy of Neutrogena 

The key to having clean skin is having a good facial cleanser. Deep Clean by Neutrogena is oil free and helps to remove all the unwanted materials from your pores, leaving your skin fresh and clean. The best part about this product is that it can be found almost anywhere, and it retails for $4.29!

2. Toner

Product shot courtesy of Mario Badescu

After cleaning all the makeup and dirt out of your pores, there is still a good chance your face isn’t completely clean. There are somethings that cannot be removed just from washing your face. Toner is a crucial step when cleaning your face, but often skipped by many. After using the Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner, we have seen a huge difference in our skin. This product will bring a healthy radiance to your skin. This product retails for $15 and can be found at Ulta Beauty. To use, soak a cotton round with the product and wipe all over the face. The results are seen instantly!

3. Moisturizer

Product shot courtesy of Aveeno

No matter what your skin type is, the Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer is going to make your skin look amazing. It does exactly what the title suggests. It leaves your skin with a healthy-looking glow. This will allow your skin to look more well-rested than it may be. Additionally, this moisturizer has an SPF level of 15, meaning it will go the extra mile to protect your skin from sun damage. This isn’t something many people are concerned with, but you will thank this moisturizer when you’re older. Another perk of this product is that it retails for $13.79 and can be found at your local Target.

4. Eye Cream

Product shot courtesy of Mario Badescu 

Next, we have a step that many people neglect, but it can make a big difference in your skin care routine. Eye cream will help with the fatigue and dehydration of the undereye area. This can help make you look and feel better. Normally, eye cream is very expensive. However, Mario Badescu offers a Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream for $18. Take the smallest amount of this product and pat it on the undereye area with your ring finger. This eye cream is lightweight and will help to brighten the undereye area. Another product that will allow you to recover from those sleepless nights. We love the feeling of a hydrated under eye area! This product can be found at Ulta Beauty.

5. Face Masks

Product shot courtesy of YESto  

Finally, incorporate some face masks into your skin care routine to help revamp your face. Some of our favorites can be found at your local Target from the brand YESto. They have an array of sheet masks and mud masks for your face, eyes, and even lips. Treat yourself once or twice a week with a face mask. They can help to correct any problems you have been having with your skin. They can also help with anti-fatigue and hydration. Our favorites have been the YESto Cucumber face mask, retailing for $2.00. Treat yourself!

It is important to take care of your skin, especially throughout college. We love affordable skin care! Your mood, and performance will improve if you take care of your skin. A little pampering never hurt nobody!

Freshman at Bryant University | Makeup Enthusiast | IG: @alexandriaiacoviello
Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.