85th Oscar’s Best-Dressed List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The 85th Oscars took place this past Sunday and we always love the red carpet part. The actual event can tend to be a snooze fest, but this year had some surprises – Adele’s impeccable performance of Skyfall, First Lady Michelle Obama presenting and that Ah-mazing ‘Les Miserables’  musical tribute had us lost for words.

In the fashion department, it was difficult for us to pin point our top five. All the actresses looked beautiful – but almost everyone to played it safe. We managed to pick the top five looks that took our breath away – let jump into it shall we?

Jennifer Lawrence

First off, we were pleasantry surprised at her Best Actress win, especially considering the company she was in. Secondly, that fall was probably one of the most graceful falls we’ve ever experienced. The Cinderella-esque Dior couture gown made it look beautiful if you ask us.

Charlize Theron

Charlize Theron was another stunner of the night in a white sheath peplum Dior gown. She played it safe hear but we can’t even complain – her skin is radiant in that white gown. Side note: someone needs to tell her never to grow her hair back. We don’t think there’s anyone else who rocks a fierce pixie cut better!

Amanda Seyfried

Amanda Seyfried stunned in lavender custom made Alexander McQueen gown. Seyfried is one of those rare pale beauties and that shade of lavender works marvelously against her skin tone.

Jessica Chastain

When asked about her choice to wear her bedazzled Armani Privé dress, Jessica Chastain replied ‘it seemed very ‘Happy Birthday Mr. President.” – and that it did! She was shining bright like a diamond in that dress (pun very much intended)! The cut is very reminiscent of old Hollywood glamour but Chastain brings the dress to life. Her hair, her eye color, and her beautiful skin makes it seem like that dress has been waiting for her ever since she was born –definitely our favorite look of the night!

Quvenzhané Wallis

Quvenzhané Wallis is a winner in our book for being the most adorable and personable 9 year old actress to be ever be nominated for an Oscar! The 9 year old was adorable in her floor length Armani dress and her ever present cute puppy bag – we wish our moms thought to buy us something like that!

Devon is a senior at Bryant University.  As a Marketing and Communications major, Her Campus is everything that Devon loves. Her hometown of Rutland, Vermont is where she was born and raised.  She attended Philadelphia University for her freshmen year of college as a Fashion Industry Management major, but discovered her true passion was the business aspect of the fashio industry, leading her to transfer to a nationally ranked business school, Bryant University.  Devon is the co-president of the Her Campus chapter at Bryant and is also a Research Assistant in the school's Office of Planning and Institutional Research.  You will see Devon on campus organizing HC events, running around finishing projects, or hanging out with her friends.  Devon's passions include: writing, dance, the ocean, and spending time with the people she loves.