7 Ways to Use Post-It Notes to Organize Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Photo credit

1. Use Post-it tabs to separate sections of your notebooks or binders. Section them off by chapter or unit so you can find the information you’re looking for faster. This will also help you remember which information you’ve already had quizzes and exams on.

2. Utilize the sticky notes feature on our laptops. For lists and reminders regarding online assignments, write important information on the sticky note application so you can reference it while working on the assignment.

3. Use actual sticky notes on your laptop. This can be used for very important information that you want to remind yourself of as soon as you open your laptop. These will be obvious to see and will ensure you don’t forget a particuarly important online assignment.

4. Color code your classes. This is perfect for you Type-A collegiettes. If you have five classes per semester, choose five different colored Post-it notes and corresponding highlighters. Use these when writing down assignments for each class. This will help you keep track of what needs to be done in each course.

5. Set up a Post-it note planning wall in your room. This can act as a large calendar to help you remember appointments, due dates meetings, etc.

6. Use Post-it notes in your planner. We at Her Campus are big believers in using planners to keep your life organized. When using your planner, write down things that are not time sensitive on Post-it notes so you can move them from one week to another, instead of having to rewrite them. This is a good way to keep notes regarding a project or event that spans over a long period of time.

7. Buy a sticky note set of different sizes and colors. Use the larger notes for more important lists and assignments. This will help you quickly see what requires your attention first.

Good luck organizing, collegiettes!