7 Things That Happen Every Time You Go to Rentes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Whether you’re part of the TNR crowd, the WNR bunch, or both, Rentes is a beautiful place where dreams come true. Despite all the adventures and mysteries of the night, there are some things that are just staples when you go to Rentes.

1. You Will Instantly Regret Whichever Shoes You Pick

As if the walk there isn’t bad enough, you have to stand when you get in there and walk home. Converse suck, booties suck, sandals suck, no matter what you’ll feel miserable. But you’ll look hella cute and, in the end, isn’t that what it’s all about?

2. Spending Too Much on Alcohol

It’s almost inevitable that you’ll blow all of your money on booze there. Between cheap beers and Grateful Deads, it’s almost impossible not to get totally wasted. We can’t promise that you won’t hate yourself for spending all your money, but we can promise that you’d hate yourself more if you sobered up.

3. Not Enough Cards in the Deck

Every time you grab a deck to play Fuck the Dealer or Up and Down the River, you can bet money on the fact that there won’t be enough cards, or that there’s doubles of certain cards. Don’t worry about it though, the point is to get drunk, not win.

4. Something Will Spill

Don’t ever, ever borrow your friend’s shirt if you can’t afford to pay her back when you ruin it. It’s inevitable that something will spill when you head out for the night, but especially at Rentes when everything is in a flimsy little cup with no cover. Is it too much to ask for a lid, or a sippy cup? We’re 21, we promise.

5. He’ll Probably Text You

If the boy you’ve been texting just happens to be at Rentes (we didn’t stalk his story or text his friends, we swear!) he’ll definitely see you there. Be sure to look extra pouty and cute, but don’t let him notice you staring. The more he keeps drinking, the more likely you are to get a drunk text, so definitely suggest some drinking games, or tell his friends that they should totally buy another pitcher.

6.Your Drink Order Will be Right

If there’s one thing the bartenders do at Rentes, it’s getting your order right. Those women are champs at taking your crazy order and getting it to you fast. They clearly deserved to be tipped better than they are, so every once in awhile throw them some extra bills. That way, you’ll be served faster in the future, too.

7. Make a New Friend in the Bathroom

Isn’t there always the super nice girl in the bathroom? That’s what we thought, and if you can’t find that girl then you should totally consider becoming that girl. Saying something nice doesn’t cost you anything, so compliment a girl’s *painful* shoes or super straight hair, because that’s just drunk girl etiquette.