This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

We pretty much all dread going to Salmo for every meal, but until you have the privilege of living in a townhouse with a kitchen, you are pretty limited with your options for eating. We’re here with some simple hacks for Salmo so that you can make your food a little better and add some variety! Our personal favorite is number three, which is making a quesadilla, so definitely try this if you’re only going to do one thing.

1. Make an ice cream sandwich. Take cookies from the dessert area and then make an ice cream sandwich using your favorite ice cream flavor. If you’re feeling super ambitious then you can even add sprinkles to the outside.

2. Put cookies in the toaster. There’s nothing better than a fresh, gooey, warm cookie and we can guarantee you this is not what dining hall cookies are going to be. You can mimic this by putting your cookies in the toaster so they get all warm and delicious, though.

3. Make a quesadilla using ingredients from the salad bar and the new DIY Panini machines. This is something new we can do this year. Sometimes there are wraps at the salad bar, but if not get a wrap from the deli line and then put whatever ingredients you desire and cheese from the salad bar. Next, take it over to the DIY Panini machines and toast it so it becomes a quesadilla!

4. Make the pasta better by adding things from the salad bar. Here’s another hack using all the stuff at the salad bar! Get pasta (and sauce if you want) and load it up with vegetables and extras from the salad bar to make it better.

5. Make your own breakfast sandwich. Get eggs and your meat of choice (whatever they have that day) and then grab a bagel or English muffin and take it to the Panini machines to make your own breakfast sandwich. If you see cheese somewhere add that too!

6. Make your own buffalo chicken dip. We can thank Spoon University for this one. It requires a little more effort, and taking the ingredients to go because you need a microwave. You might also need a friend to help carry things. Using the paper cups near the coffee, take equal parts cream cheese and blue cheese dressing, and a little hot sauce. Take chicken from wherever you can find it. Mix the cream cheese and the dressing and microwave for 10 seconds, stir, and repeat four times. Then add the hot sauce and the chicken you have shredded. Heat up further for 15 seconds then enjoy with chips, carrots, celery or whatever your heart desires.

7. Make a parfait with yogurt, fruit, and cereal or granola. Grab a cup and layer up your favorite yogurt with cereal/ granola and fruit for a yummy breakfast parfait.

Flora is a graduate from Bryant University with a major in communication. She moved to Boston after graduating and somehow is already 2 years post-grad. By day, she is a marketing associate but when she's not at the office she loves trying new foods, hunting for the latest trends, exploring the city, going to spin classes, and finding as many cute dogs to pet as possible! Follow her on Instagram @lifeisgoodman