This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Leg warmers are currently one of the biggest winter fads, especially this season. These versatile little things can make any outfit look remarkably better. Here are some tips on how to style them! 

Wear them Under Boots

Of course this is the most traditional and common style tip. Pair leg warmers with any pair of boots; tall or short, by tucking them inside and letting only a little peek show. Legwarmers will give you extra warmth around your shins and ankles while also splashing a bit of color to your outfit!

Wear them with Flats 

Now that the winter season is coming along us girls never want to subject our little ankles to the cold by wearing flats. Instead of neglecting our flat collections, pair skinny jeans or leggings with leg warmers and your favorite pair of flats! The warm knit fabric will save our tiny ankles from the harsh winter air.

Pair them with Sneakers 

Sneakers are always fun and comfy and what better idea than to add legwarmers with them? Pair a knit or colorful pair of leg warmers with your favorite sneakers and go about your day in comfort and in style!

Pair with a Skirt and Tights

This idea is adorable for it really does not matter what shoe you pick for this outfit. Place the leg warmers around your calf over your tights. Choose a skirt that is above the knee so you are not drowning your legs. Then pair with flats, boots, or even heels!

Work out in them

Now I know seeing someone at the gym today wearing leg warmers will make us all flash back to the 80’s but leg warmers are actually a good idea. You can wear them over your running pants to add extra warmth and circulate blood flow in the cold weather. You can even wear them over tights and give off a dancer-chic look when doing exercise classes at the gym.

PaviElle is a Senior Marketing major at Bryant University. Before attending Bryant in fall of 2011, she received her Associates Degree in Fashion Merchandising from Lincoln College of New England (formerly Briarwood College). She is currently the Fashion Editor for Her Campus chapter at Bryant. She has a strong love for fashion, especially in the styling, visual merchandising and trend forecasting aspects where she has experience.