This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It may not officially be winter yet, but here in the Northeast it’s cold, snowy, and dark at 4 PM – so in our books, it is winter.

If you’re nail fanatics like us, you love two things: a good manicure, and staying on top of the latest color trends each season. Now that winter is basically here, we want to make sure that you know all the hottest colors for your nails for the next few months!

Below are some of our favorite, on-trend, nail polish colors for this winter season!

Cherry Red

Red is such a classic winter shade; it reminds us of the holidays and gives our nails a fun pop of color when it’s dark and dreary outside. We love a more pink-based red because it is super flattering on all skin tones!

Our favorite: Dutch Tulips by OPI

Rose Gold

Add some shimmer to your nails with a fun rose gold nail polish this season! This color will definitely shine during all your holiday parties and add just the right amount of glitter to any look this winter.

Our favorite: Gorge-ous Geodes by Essie

Deep Navy Blue

Would this even be a winter nail polish article if we didn’t include a dark color? We are in love with navy blue for winter always, but this year we want the darkest of blues. Super deep navy is really trending right now, since it’s so close to black but is a *lil* different. 

Our favorite: March in Uniform by OPI

Pale Gray

If you’re looking for your new favorite neutral winter shade, this super pale gray color is for you! Grays in the winter is so on-trend, but this super whited-out version of gray is what we’re really loving this season. 

Our Favorite: Mind-Full Meditation by Essie

Emerald Green

A rich jewel tone in the winter is always a beautiful look, and we’re obsessed with gorgeous emerald green tones this season! Deeper forest greens are a classic winter shade, but you know we love to be a little unique. Give this shade a try, and watch the compliments flood in!

Our Favorite: I Do it My Run-Way by OPI

If you’re looking to spice up your nail game this season, definitely try out one of our favorite wintertime shades!

Stay connected! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!

Cover | Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 | Pic 5

Self-Declared Pizza Connoisseur & Designated Champagne Popper
Boston-based twenty-something who's a self-proclaimed Bloody Mary connoisseur and Billy Joel karaoke aficionado.