5 Things That Happen When You Go Home for Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s almost Thanksgiving which means time to go home, eat delicious food …and see your FAMILY. For some people seeing family is something to look forward to, while for others, it’s a nightmare. For those of you dreading going home, we know how you feel. Her Campus has provided you with what to expect when seeing family for Thanksgiving!

1. Parents Asking About Your Grades

Let’s be real, the second you walk through the front door your parents are going to start nagging you about your grades. Questions such as, “How did you do on that exam?” or “Are you still struggling in that class?” are all questions that cause us to hyperventilate.

2. Siblings Stealing Your Stuff

Expect to walk into your room and notice clothes or other personal belongings missing. There is a 100% chance that your sibling(s) helped themselves to your stuff.

3. Relatives Questioning Your Love Life

There’s nothing better than your relatives reminding you how sad your life is! Everyone has that one aunt who asks you at every family gathering why you are still single, and that grandma who reminds you that she wants you to give her great grandchildren ASAP.

4. Grandma Feeding You Too Much

You know the second you start eating your grandma is going to ask you if you want more food. You don’t want to upset her, so you say yes and give yourself the worst food coma ever.

5. Awkward Cousins

Everyone has those awkward cousins who you only see on holidays. You know that they’ll be at Thanksgiving, so try your best to avoid them before you get dragged into an uncomfortable conversation.

Good luck going home to your family, and Happy Thanksgiving!