5 Things To Do When You’re Bored At Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1.  Make your Pinterest boards come to life

We all have those Pinterest boards that we have yet to go back and actually look at. There are so many DIY crafts or yummy treats to make and create and this is the perfect time! Try making a new dessert a home-made present to the host of your Thanksgiving dinner. If you’re not up for getting your hands dirty, there are tons of pins showing cute hairstyles or nail polish designs that only take minutes! Try out all these cute looks for Thanksgiving day.

2.  Start and Finish a Television series

Whether you use Netflix, On Demand or have DVD sets of your favorite shows at home, watch them. Thanksgiving break is the best time to snuggle up on your couch with your family, friends and even your cute pets and veg out. Some shows I recommend are Revenge, Pretty Little Liars, American Horror Story, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire. If you’re feeling really ambitious you can try watching Friends, Greys Anatomy, Dexter, Entourage or Boy Meets World from start to finish.

3.  Movie Marathon

There are many categories you can stick to when picking a movie marathon. You can pick your favorite actor or actress and watch every movie they have ever starred in. Along the same lines as TV, you can stick to one series like Harry Potter or Pirates of the Caribbean. Because we are all on Thanksgiving break, this is a perfect time to start a holiday movie marathon. Break out your Charlie Brown movies, Love Actually, The Holiday, Elf, and The Grinch.

4.  Watch the Macy’s Day Parade

Many of us tune in for the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, but only for a short time. Set your alarm for the start of the parade and watch it in bed. You can also make a morning out of it and have breakfast with your families and watch it all together. The parade starts at 9 A.M. and will definitely be filled with entertainment all morning long.

5.  Organize Your Music

We all love our ITunes library but sometimes it can get pretty overwhelming. Some songs need information filled in like genre or there may be duplicates of the same songs. Now is the perfect time to delete old playlists and make new ones. Especially as the semester ends, we need playlists for studying, car rides home and everything in between…P.S. don’t forget your Christmas music!