5 Reasons We Miss Our Showers at Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Going home for break is quickly approaching and we are all beyond excited to be reunited with our friends, family and beds. What we all should be looking forward to though, is indeed a shower……….without shoes!

1.  Concert Time

We have all sang our hearts out pretending to be the halftime act at the Super Bowl, or busted our best dance moves thinking we were Beyoncé. Although we are terrible, the shower walls at home made us seem like we were a mix of Adele and Jesus. Now if we sing in the public showers, the girl next to you might think that you’re dying when you’re trying to hold the long note of “AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU” 

2. Shower Shoes

If you don’t put shoes on, you’re open to whatever is on that dirty bathroom floor. And although we rock our 2.99 Old Navy flip flops all summer, wearing them in the shower isn’t the same.

3. Shower Caddies

Lugging your soap in and out of the bathroom is the ultimate struggle. We are all used to leaving the soap on the shelf, and the luffa hanging on a hook, but now, every time we have to wash our face, or wash our hair, we are forced to lug this bag in and out of the bathroom with us that ends up dripping water all over our room for the next 2 hours

4. Water Pressure

At home we might as well be taking a shower in Niagara Falls. The water pressure is as powerful as the infamous waterfall. The soap is washed out of our heads within seconds. Here at school, we have to stand on our tippy toes just to get our heads closer to the spout. The 5 second rinse at home has turned into a 4 minute rinse at school. 

5. The “What Is Life” part of the shower

We are technically no longer allowed to contemplate life, daydream about our crushes and sit and ponder our futures while the water runs down our heads. Chances are there are five other girls waiting in a line to get into the dreadful public shower too. 

Boston Ma. Undergraduate at Bryant University.