This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

We understand that waking up for class in the morning is almost impossible for college students. Those 8am’s really get to you. If you’re in a rush before class, but still want to look alive here are five quick beauty tips to help you get ready in the morning.

1. Wash your face!

Sometimes just splashing some water and a cleanser on your face can do the trick. Clean skin gives you a natural radiance, and it’s healthy to wash your face! This will also help to wake you up and get you moving early in the morning.

2. Brows First

Believe it or not, if you have a good brow day then you definitely will have a good day. This could mean just brushing through them, putting some brow gel to hold them in place, or even filling in the sparse areas with shadow or a pencil. Your eyebrows frame the face, so even if you aren’t wearing any makeup, if you fill in or shape your brows then your face will look more structured!

3. Apply your mascara in front of a fan?!

Yes, we know it sounds a little weird. However, applying your mascara in front of a fan allows your lashes to dry faster. Mascara is most effective when being layered on top of dry lashes. Therefore, you don’t have to sit and wait for your lashes to dry to apply another coat, you can just keep going and get the application done faster. Not to mention, if you get some on your eyelid you won’t have to wait for it to dry before you remove it you can just take it right off with a q-tip.

4. Apply a couple extra layers of lip balm for a glossy look

This may seem a little weird, however, applying a couple extra layers of lip balm can give you that glossy lip look. It’s a great way to keep your lips moisturized during the winter, and glossy lips make you look a little bit more girly. This can also make your lips look a little bigger, and you don’t need a full face of makeup to pull off this look!

5. Sleep with braids in

Take your shower the night before and braid your damp hair. You could do any type of braids depending on how tight you want the waves to be the next morning. When you wake up, you won’t have to worry about your hair at all. Just take the braids out, maybe put gel if need be, and head off to class! This gives you more time to focus on your makeup, outfit, or getting some extra sleep.

Want to stay connected with Her Campus Bryant? Make sure to follow us on Instagram, like us on Facebook, and read our latest tweets!

Freshman at Bryant University | Makeup Enthusiast | IG: @alexandriaiacoviello
Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.