This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.
Ever get sick of Salmo? Or the same old food for that matter? Well luckily, Bryant is very close to other food options that can satisfy many of your cravings.

1. Laura’s Pleasant view Diner

(137 Pleasant View Ave. Smithfield, RI)

If you’re looking for classic diner food this is where you will get it. Many Bryant students and Smithfield residents love to go here on a Saturday or Sunday morning. The family-feel will make you feel right at home while you can enjoy some of your breakfast favorites.

2. J’s Deli
(285 Washington Hwy Smithfield, RI)
The word deli says it all. From lunch meats to eggplant, you will never leave with an empty stomach. There are many other locations all over Rhode Island. J’s is primarily take-out so grab some friends and have a sandwich party!

3. Trattoria Romana
(3 Wake Robin Rd, Lincoln, RI)
You can never go wrong with Italian food. Trattoria will please your appetite in more ways than one. From bread sticks to salad to pasta of course, Trattoria is the place to go for an authentic Italian meal.

4. ENN
(600 George Washington Hwy, Smithfield, RI)
Sushi is always a good call when you want to treat yourself to a good meal. Although, ENN can be a little pricey, it is so worth it in the end. There are so many rolls and meals to choose from you won’t know which one to choose! By the end of the meal, you will want to have them all.

5. Pick Pockets
(285 Washington Hwy Smithfield, RI)
Mediterranean is always authentic and tasty. Pick Pockets specializes in wraps and salads. Their falafel is a fan favorite. If you’re looking for something different and original this is the place to be.

These are just a few of the many restaurants off campus that offer amazing meals. Grab a friend or a whole group of people to enjoy classic food just minutes away from campus. Make sure to always present your Bryant ID to your waiter/waitress or at the register, because it is very likely you will receive a discount off of your bill! Happy Dining!

Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.