This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s hard to believe it’s already spring – especially when this Northeast weather is still freezing. While the colors of spring might not be outside quite yet, you can still show some springtime spirit by painting your nails! While we love a good pastel, there are other cool shades to rock this season too. Check out HC’s top five new colors to sport on your nails this spring!

1. Soft Yellow

There’s not a lot of people that love yellow polish – but that’s because they haven’t tried this shade of yellow! Soft yellow is an extremely flattering color on a variety of skin tones, and looks so feminine. We love how muted this shade is, because it allows you to wear a fun color without being too bold. Plus, yellow reminds us of sunshine – something we desperately are looking for after those long winters!

Our Top Picks: KL Polish Selene (pictured), Morgan Taylor Days in the Sun

2. Peachy Nude

Peachy nude is the perfect color for someone who usually rocks neutrals, but wants to wear something a bit more colorful. We love this shade because it is so versatile – it can look professional and understated, or soft and girly. Even though this shade is considered pastel, it doesn’t scream “Easter.” It’s a feminine step up from the average neutral polish, and we’re obsessed with it for spring!

Our Top Picks: Essie Perennial Chic (pictured), Pacifica Magic Conch Shell

3. Shimmery Lavender

This is the perfect shade for someone who likes to rock creative colors on their nails. Shimmery lavender is a gorgeous spring shade with a twist: it takes the basic pastel and adds a beautiful sheen. It’s not quite metallic or glittery – its icy (which is the only ice we’re into during the spring). Pick up this shade to step out of your cream polish comfort zone and spice up your nail look!

Our Top Picks: Butter London Ice Lavender (pictured), KL Polish Charmed

4. Robins Egg Blue

The name of this color alone screams springtime! We are obsessed with this blue-green shade because it teeters on the turquoise colors of the summer, but is muted enough to work for spring. It’s a good alternative to the baby blues and periwinkles you normally see during the springtime, and the touch of green makes it flattering on so many skin tones. We know you’ll love this shade as much as we do, so pick up one of our faves and try it out for yourself!

Our Top Picks: Chanel 590 Verde Pastello (pictured), SpaRitual Sublime

5. Coral

If you’re sick of the pastels in spring, this is the shade for you! We love how bright and bold coral is during the springtime. It plays up the vibrant colors of all the blooming flowers (once the snow clears up) and is super fun on the nails. It’s slightly pink, slightly orange, and has just a touch of red – such a beautiful and striking color combination on the nails. This eye catching color is sure to get you some compliments this spring!

Our Top Picks: OPI Aloha (pictured), Essie Come Here

We hope this post inspired you to pick up some fun new shades for the springtime!

Self-Declared Pizza Connoisseur & Designated Champagne Popper
Bryant University Class of 2019 I am a caffeine dependent human being that enjoys avoiding all responsibilities. Blogging is a new passion of mine, hope you're a supporter. Love all the homies that read my articles. Xoxo B