5 Must-See Movies This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1) Divergent-Now Playing 

A thrilling action-adventure film set in a world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, Tris must learn to trust in the mysterious Four (Theo James), and together they must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it’s too late. Based on the best-selling book series by Veronica Roth.

2) Heaven is for Real-Wednesday, April 16th

A little boy (Connor Corum) claims to have visited heaven during a near-death experience, and tells his astonished parents (Greg Kinnear and Kelly Reilly) about things he couldn’t possibly know.

3) The Amazing Spider-Man 2-Friday, May 2nd

It’s great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield)! For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). However, being Spider-Man comes at a high price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. In addition, as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp.

4) Maleficent-Friday, May 30th

From Disney comes “Maleficent”—the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain from the 1959 classic “Sleeping Beauty.” A beautiful, pure-hearted young woman, Maleficent has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceful forest kingdom, until one day when an invading army threatens the harmony of the land. Maleficent rises to be the land’s fiercest protector, but she ultimately suffers a ruthless betrayal—an act that begins to turn her pure heart to stone. Bent on revenge, Maleficent faces an epic battle with the invading king’s successor, and, as a result, places a curse upon his newborn infant, Aurora. As the child grows, Maleficent realizes that Aurora holds the key to peace in the kingdom—and perhaps to Maleficent’s true happiness as well.

5) 22 Jump Street-Friday, June 13th

After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Jenko (Channing Tatum) when they go deep undercover at a local college. However, when Jenko meets a kindred spirit on the football team, and Schmidt infiltrates the bohemian art major scene, they begin to question their partnership. Now they don’t have to just crack the case-they have to figure out if they can acquire a mature relationship. If these two overgrown adolescents can grow from college freshmen into real men, college might be the best thing that ever happened to them!

SOURCE: www.fandango.com