david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Must-Have Healthy Candies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It is so hard to find healthy Halloween Candy! Most candy is loaded with sugar and fat, which is not that great for our bodies. However don’t fret collegiettes-healthy candy does exist and most of it is candy that we are already familiar with! Keep in mind: to be healthy, any type of candy must be enjoyed in moderation. Anyway, here is a list of some healthier candy options that can be enjoyed as much as the others.

1. 3 Musketeers Minis 

1 Fun Size bar contains 63 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 11 grams of sugar. This lighter chocolate candy is a great choice if you are looking for something whipped with a melt-in-your-mouth feel.

2. York Peppermint Patty

1 Full-Size bar contains 165 calories, 3 grams of fat, and 27 grams of sugar. Her campus loves its refreshing taste and how it can make you fuller faster if you enjoy it slowly. A mint and chocolate combo is one of our favorites!

3. Tootsie Roll

1 Small Tootsie Roll contains 50 calories,1 gram of fat, and 10 grams of sugar. This candy will take you back to your childhood! The chewiness and stickiness make it that much better, but 50 calories in one little roll will add up when you are enjoying too many, so be careful!!

4. Peanut M&M’s

1 Fun Size Pouch contains 90 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 9 grams of sugar. This is a better option over the full size pouch. It’s portion controlled so you can enjoy in moderation, and the peanut and chocolate mix is sure to satisfy you.

5. Jolly Ranchers
3 Jolly Rancher candies contain 70 calories, 0 grams of fat, and 11 grams of sugar. They are long-lasting if you suck on them, and you can choose from multiple flavors.
Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.