This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1. Make a “Back to School” list

No matter how sure you are that you’ll remember everything you need for school, something will slip your mind and you will regret not making a list.  A list allows you to name things you need for college, and avoid bringing things that’ll just take up the limited space. Here’s an example provided by Chegg:

Photo

2. Explore outside the school bookstore for textbooks

Books are expensive no matter where you get them from.  Online sites such as Chegg or Amazon allow you to get the same book sold by the school store, but for much less money.  Ask your professors for detailed information about the book you need so you can find it at a cheaper price online.  Amazon also provides a free 6-month, 2-day shipping trial for college students.

Photo

3. Read each class syllabus

This one is pretty straight forward.  By reading each class syllabus, there will be no surprises in the upcoming semester.  You’ll be prepared for that mid-term exam!

Photo

4. Get a head start on readings

Before you know it, you’ll be up to your head in readings.  By starting early, you’ll be able to spread out the readings and keepi stress levels low.  And you’ll be prepared for those pop quizzes!

Photo

5. Make one new friend in each class

Every student gets stuck in a class by themselves- whether it’s a major class or an elective, you’ll have a class and don’t know anyone.  By making a friends, not only will you have a study buddy, but potentially a lifetime friend.

Photo