This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Just because the days are starting to become a little cooler, doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice looking good for staying warm! This season is all about bright colors, unique textures, and different shapes. Here are five of this season’s most essential pieces – no matter your style, budget, taste, or event, guaranteed there will be something for you!

1. Classic Pea Coat

A wool pea coat never goes out of style. Black, gray, white, even bright colors are on the radar for this season. The best part is that these are great for dressing up or down… they’re perfect for throwing on to get to class, or to protect you from the elements on the way to an interview or a date when you’re all dressed up!

2. Jewel Tones

As mentioned previously, bright colors are in this season. What better way to brighten up these bleak winter days than with a pop of color everyone will see? The best part is that you are sure to find a coat in a jewel-toned color that fits your unique style preference.

3. (Faux) Fur Accents

No, you don’t have to channel your inner Cruella de Vil to rock this trend. This season, it’s all about the subtle accents – like fur around the neck, sleeves, or hemline of the coat. This is great for those super chilly days when you need a bit of extra warmth and your Grandma’s hand knitted scarf just isn’t cutting it.

4. The Re-Invented Puffer

This isn’t your old puffy coat that you used to play in the snow when you were a kid. This season, the ultimate of all warmth has been reimagined into something much more feminine. It’s perfect for class or running errands; this isn’t something that you can really dress up. This is all about comfort!

5. Textured

It’s all about texture this season! This jacket has a pronounced tweed-like texture, which not only adds extra warmth but is extremely fashion forward. Try this on milder days with a dress, as pictured above, or with jeans and flats. A jacket this cool should take center stage of your outfit!

PaviElle is a Senior Marketing major at Bryant University. Before attending Bryant in fall of 2011, she received her Associates Degree in Fashion Merchandising from Lincoln College of New England (formerly Briarwood College). She is currently the Fashion Editor for Her Campus chapter at Bryant. She has a strong love for fashion, especially in the styling, visual merchandising and trend forecasting aspects where she has experience.