5 Easy Appetizers For Super Bowl Sunday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Don’t be down because the Patriots didn’t make the Super Bowl this year!  Instead, use Super Bowl Sunday as an excuse to veg out on some of these impressive, yet simple, appetizers!

1.       Buffalo Chicken Bites

All you need to make these spicy snacks are 24 wonton wrappers, one cup of shredded chicken, ¼ cup of hot sauce, ½ cup of grated mozzarella cheese, and 4 ounces of softened cream cheese.  Fill each wonton wrapper with a spoonful of the mixture and cook at 425 degrees for no more than 10 minutes!  Serve with carrots, celery, and bleu cheese!

2.       Pigs in a Blanket

These popular snacks will be gone in no time!  Fortunately, they won’t take you any time to make either.  Simply buy cocktail-sized hot dogs and two cans of crescent rolls.  Wrap each hot dog in a piece of dough from the crescent rolls and bake them for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.  Make sure you have plenty of ketchup!

3.       Monkey Bread

Add something sweet to your Super Bowl party!  Monkey Bread is a unique and addicting finger food everyone will love.  Buy two cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into fourths.  Coat each fourth in sugar and cinnamon.  When they are all coated, put the biscuits into a bunt pan.  Then, mix ¾ cup of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar and pour over the bread.  Bake at 350 degrees for half an hour and voila! 

4.       Popcorn Caramel Crunch

The perfect mix of salty and sweet!  Just melt and then boil two sticks of butter, a cup of sugar, and a cup of brown sugar.  After three minutes, add a teaspoon of baking soda and then pour the mixture over a bowl of popcorn, peanuts, and whatever else you want to add!  Put the coated popcorn on a tray and bake for 45 minutes at 250 degrees.

5.       Potato Skins

Who wouldn’t want potato skins during the big game?!  After baking the potatoes, all you need to do is cut them in half and scoop out the middle.  Brush with butter and fill with cheese and bacon!  Broil for about 4 minutes and garnish with sour cream and chives!