4 Things You Should Know About Bryant Builds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

If you haven’t already noticed, Bryant University’s campus is changing and expanding around us – very quickly! But what ARE they building? Will YOU be able to use the new buildings? And most importantly, WHEN can we expect them? Don’t worry collegiettes – you’ve come to the right place. HC Bryant has done our research on Bryant Builds so you don’t have to. Check out the 4 most important things that you should know about Bryant Builds.

1.      The plan adds more than 250,000 square feet of new facilities.

An exterior rendering of the Academic Innovation Center.

That’s over 800 football fields-worth of new buildings! This figure includes new facilities at the Smithfield, RI campus as well as at the Zhuhai, China campus. This includes a new entrance to campus, an academic Innovation Center, a Bulldog Strength and Conditioning Center, an indoor Practice facility (featuring an indoor turf field!), a Sports Medicine and Training Center, and Bryant University Zhuhai. 

2.      All of this building is a part of Bryant’s new campaign, Expanding the World of Opportunity: The Campaign for Bryant’s Bold Future.

President Ronald Machtley speaking at the Groundbreaking Ceremony.

“With the transformative Bryant Builds plan, we are creating the world-class learning environment that aligns with Bryant’s bold future,” said President Ronald Machtley.  “We are enhancing our academic and athletic facilities to become best in class, with innovation as a central theme in architecture and pedagogy.”

The campaign seeks to attract diverse students through academic merit, enrich innovative teaching (think Ideation Labs), make significant international experience possible, and of course – enhance our facilities! 

3.      This campaign has been the largest fundraising effort in Bryant’s history.

An exterior rendering of the Indoor Practice Facility.

…With a goal of $75 million!  So far, it has raised more than half of that total. While the money will be going to build top-notch facilities for students, but it will also be going to scholarships to attract the best students from all segments of society and to bring in academic leaders who are world-class thought leaders in their fields.

4.      The 50,000 foot Academic Innovation Center will be ready for Fall 2016.

An interior rendering of the Academic Innovation Center.

Graduating this year? Tough luck.  This center is where innovative learning will be fostered in a creative environment.  It will be covered in glass, both internally and externally.  According to President Machtley, innovation is a central theme in the architecture of the building.

For more information on Bryant Builds, visit the Bryant Builds section on Bryant.edu, complete with press releases, photos, architectural renderings, videos, and more about the project and campaign.