3 Fall Pinterest Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Apple Crisp

6 cups apples sliced thin

1/3 cup sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt

2 Tbsp butter, melted 

3/4 c sugar

1/2 c flour

1/3 cup butter, softened

• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine first set of ingredients and pour into a greased 8″ pan/baking dish.   In a mixing bowl, stir second set of ingredients until crumbly.  Our over apple mixture and bake for 45 minutes.  Serve warm and enjoy!

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into large cubes

2 unpeeled garlic cloves

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 sprigs of thyme, divided

4 cups vegetable stock (low sodium)

1/4 cup cream

salt and pepper

• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  • Take one sprig of thyme and remove the leaves by pulling gently with fingers from the bottom of the stems to the top, then use a knife to roughly chop the leaves that have come off the stem.
  • On a baking sheet toss cubed butternut squash and unpeeled garlic cloves with olive oil and the roughly chopped thyme leaves, then lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
  • Just before the squash is done roasting, in a large soup pot, heat up the vegetable stock with the remaining sprig of thyme. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the roasted squash and garlic (remove peel first) to the stock. Use an immersion blender or stand blender to blend the mixture to a smooth and silky consistency. Finish with a splash of cream and season to your liking.

Pumpkin Pancakes

1 cup white whole wheat flour

1 cup white all-purpose flour (can use 2 cups all-purpose if white whole wheat isn’t available)

1 Tbsp. baking powder

½ tsp. ground ginger

½ tsp. ground nutmeg

½ tsp. salt

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

2 Tbsp. brown sugar

2 egg whites, slightly beaten

1-1/2 cups skim milk

2 Tbsp. canola oil

½ cup canned pumpkin

• In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
  • In another medium sized mixing bowl, combine egg whites, milk, oil and pumpkin. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir until just moistened. If batter seems too thick, add a little milk to thin it out to desired consistency.
  • Heat griddle or skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour batter onto heated griddle or skillet using a ¼ cup measuring cup. Flip when bubbles appear at the top. Serve with buttermilk syrup and enjoy!

PaviElle is a Senior Marketing major at Bryant University. Before attending Bryant in fall of 2011, she received her Associates Degree in Fashion Merchandising from Lincoln College of New England (formerly Briarwood College). She is currently the Fashion Editor for Her Campus chapter at Bryant. She has a strong love for fashion, especially in the styling, visual merchandising and trend forecasting aspects where she has experience.
Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.