alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

20 Somethings As Told By The Rest of The World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

You have all read a book, seen a movie, and enjoyed an array of quotations about how to capitalize on your twenties, make the most of these ten years, make lots of mistakes, figure yourself out, etc. In summary, you should let loose, be independent, be thoughtful and most of all, be you. However, HC Bryant wanted to bring you a summary of all the “Twenty Somethings” quotations, books, movies, and e-cards to help you get a great grasp on how you should be living your life (apparently). Some of these will motivate you, encourage you, make you laugh, and some of them just straight up tell it how it is (example the movies “No Strings Attached” or “Friends with Benefits”).

So here is a summary of your twenties, as told by…

Quotes

1. As a twenty something, time is my friend. I’m not going to cage it up, I’m going to play, experience life and find my own identity. – Courtney Baker

2. Your 20s are your selfish year. Old enough to make the right decisions and young enough to make the wrong ones. Be selfish with your time – travel, explore, fall in and out of love, be ridiculous and silly, stupid and wild. Be 20something.

3. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails, Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain

4. I think your 20s are the hardest part of life. I mean, everyone goes on about how hard it is to be a teenager, but actually,  I think its tougher to be in your 20s because your expected to be a grownup and expected to earn your own living and be successful and I think you feel like a kid still – Nigel Cole

5. Its never too late to be who you might have been – George Eliot

Books

1. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me – Mindy Kaling

2. It’s a Wonderful Lie – 26 Truths About Life in Your Twenties – Alexandra Robbins

3. Girls in White Dresses – Jennifer Close

4. Quarterlife Crisis: The Unique Challenges Of Life in Your Twenties – Alexandra Robbins & Abby Wilner

5. Stress Point: Thriving Through Your Twenties in a Decade of Drama – Sarah Martin

E-Cards