15 Overdone Halloween Costumes to Avoid This October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.
  1. Minnie Mouse: Unless you’re going out with your family and you’re still five, we’d prefer not to see you in this.
  2. Angel: You’re probably not sent from heaven so we don’t really see the point here.
  3. Bunny: C’mon girls it’s Bryant, not the playboy mansion.
  4. Three Blind Mice: You must be blind to be wearing this costume and think it’s original.
  5. Cops: Are you trying to sneak away with your alcohol and blend in with DPS? If so, then sure, go for it.
  6. Sailor: Last time we checked we’re about 40 minutes from the ocean here at Bryant.   
  7. Cowgirl: Should have saved that costume for the countryfest down by the townhouses.
  8. Thing 1 Thing 2: You might think it’s a cute roommate costume, but it’s just not original anymore.
  9. Flappers: If Kim K did it, you know it’s basic.
  10. Nerd: Stick to actually hitting the books instead of pretending.
  11. Minions: Sorry but we don’t think anyone can master the cuteness of these little guys.
  12. School girl: High school is over ladies, no need to dress in your old private school getup. Besides you’re probably no Blair Waldorf anyhow.
  13. Nurse: Think about how awkward this encounter would be if you or one of your roommates got transported.
  14. Hippie: Save it for Coachella.
  15. Cat: Just don’t do it.

Fortunately, we’ve compiled a list of unique costume ideas for you and your friends!