This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

14. Tools/Batteries

These are a must. You would not believe the amount of times that you’ll need a screwdriver or some triple A batteries. Your calculator could possibly die at any time, or even your remote. You’ll always be prepared!

13. Cleaning Supplies

You’re going to learn  A LOT about your cleaning habits in college, and your roommate may not take too kindly to you if you’re a slob. Having paper towels, disinfecting wipes, and a small vacuum will go a long way.

12. A speaker

It’s college; there are parties. Having a good speaker always adds to the experience when you’re out. Even if you’re just hanging out in your room or pre-gaming with your friends, you’re not going to want to just listen to the speaker on your phone. This is also a good idea for a graduation present!

11. Lots of mattress pads

At almost every university, the mattress is an issue. You’ll find some college students with up to three different mattress toppers in order to make their beds sleepable. You’ll be tired enough without having an uncomfortable bed. Do not miss this one!

10. COMMAND STRIPS!

If you want to personalize/decorate your room at all this is a must. You can use command strips to hang up anything and everything. Since most universities have concrete walls, this is your best option. While it may seem like a lot, 3-5 big packs should get you through the year- you’ll use them more often than you think!

9. Arts & Crafts

You are going to use them more than you think!! The essentials are colored pencils, tape, and scissors. If you want to join a sorority you’ll need lots of craft supplies, so bring items such as paint, fake flowers, stick on crystals, and anything else you may want to use.

8. Utensils/ measuring cups

You’re going to eat in your room. Measuring things out and actually having a way to eat them that doesn’t involve your hands is a necessity. However, we’ve all shamefully eaten something with our hands that we shouldn’t have. #College.

7. Room Scents

It’s going to happen — your laundry will pile up and the oatmeal you had two weeks ago will start to stink up your room. Have air freshener on hand since candles are usually banned due to fire issues. Also, your guy friend’s rooms are going to be even worse. Carry for safety.

6. Medicine

Let’s face it, at some point during the year, you are bound to catch some type of cold or virus. College dorm rooms may be one of the worst places for germs. Stock up on medicine early do you aren’t running to the store with a 103 degree fever!

5. Tissues

There may be nights you will find yourself crying. Nothing wrong with this, but you will want to have tissues on hand for those teary nights. Not to mention sickness again, but these will also be helpful when you get a stuffy nose!

4. Room decorations

Dorm rooms can be very dingy. Brighten your dorm room up with fun tapestries, colorful lights, and cute throw pillows. Just adding a poster or two to the wall can also do wonders. Try adding a dry erase calendar, because it will be very helpful to keep deadlines and events in order. Don’t leave your walls bare; it will feel very much like a prison cell pretty quickly and nobody’s going to want to hang out in a room like that!

3. Snacks

Snacks are obviously a must. Not all dining halls can be five star, so you’ll always have a variety of snacks to fall back on. Start with the basics, like the mac and cheese and granola bars. Don’t forget about high protein snacks, though, to keep you full throughout the day!

2. As many pairs of underwear as you own

This may sound a little crazy, but trust us on this one. You will want to bring as much underwear as you can. There will be days when you are struggling to find a clean pair because you haven’t gotten around to laundry in a couple weeks. This is something you definitely don’t want to run out of!

1. The juice

WELCOME TO COLLEGE!

Ana Deacon

Bryant '18

*Insert lyrics to "All Star" by Smash Mouth* Bryant University Class of 2019
Bryant University Class of 2019 I am a caffeine dependent human being that enjoys avoiding all responsibilities. Blogging is a new passion of mine, hope you're a supporter. Love all the homies that read my articles. Xoxo B