The 12 Best Things to Do in Rhode Island This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1. Although this isn’t technically in Rhode Island, it’s close enough. One of our favorite things to do here at Her Campus Bryant is to go to Boston for a Red Sox game. The Fenway atmosphere is awesome and there are tons of great bars and restaurants in the area to make it a full day event.
  2. If you can’t get to a Red Sox game you can support a local team like the Pawsox, who play close by in Pawtucket! Their home games start up again on April 3rd!
  3. The options are truly endless in Newport. The Newport excitement starts back up again once the weather gets warm. Grab a cheap hotel and have a girl’s weekend or just go for the day. Take a tour of a mansion, take a walk on the cliff walk, and watch the sunset on ocean drive.
  4. Newport Storm brewery in Newport is a great spot to take a tour! It’s something different to do to with your 21+ friends. 
  5. Visit Iggy’s Doughboys in either Warwick or Narragansett. It’s a Rhode Island classic with award winning chowder, clam cakes, and more.
  6. Lincoln Woods is a great spot to hike that’s only 10 minutes away from Bryant! They even have a small beach on a lake to hang out at. One of our favorite spots!
  7. Go visit Point Judith Lighthouse in Narragansett for the day. It’s a beautiful spot near the beach to go relax and take in the view.
  8. Enjoy Narragansett Bay with a sail!  Newport Sailing is a great family company with sailing offered all throughout the spring.
  9. Purgatory Chasm State Reservation is just 20 minutes away in Sutton MA. It’s a unique adventure to take with your outdoorsy friends.
  10. Visit the Roger Williams Zoo in Providence. The spring is the perfect time to visit the zoo.  All the baby animals will be making their first appearance!
  11. Head over to Thayer Street in Providence. They offer awesome shopping and some of the best restaurants in Providence.
  12. For all you seniors looking for something crazy to end your college career with, go to Skydive Newport. Their season reopens in early April and it’ll be something to share with your college friends that will be completely unforgettable.