10 Reasons Why You Need to Go to the Amica Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

We can’t help but notice that a lot of students aren’t taking advantage of the wonderful resource that is the Amica Center. This place is really helpful, and it is FREE! If you have never been into the Amica Center, here is a suggestion: go as soon as possible. Here’s everything you’ve been missing out on:

1. Internships

The Amica Center has numerous internship possibilities all majors. You can go on BCC or stop in and ask receptionist about talk with someone one on one!

2. Resumania/ Quick Questions

Need to get your resume checked? Have a quick question you need answered? Well you can either drop your resume off and it will be looked over in 48 hours, or if you just have a question then stop by during a 10 minute time frame on Monday through Friday 1 to 3. (First come, first serve.)

3. Job Shadows

Not sure if you want to do a full internship? Well over the winter break, the Amica Center has a Job Shadow event. You have to sign up for the information sessions and fill out a form declaring who you are interested in shadowing with your resume (they have a book of who is involved in the shadow program). For one day over the break you can go see that alumni and just spend the day observing what they do and what their job is!

4. Mock Interviews

Nervous for an interview? Have you never had an interview and need help? The Amica Center will interview you and typically record it as well. With the recording, they go back with you and tell you what you could have done differently or could improve upon.

5. BCC

Bryant Career Connection. This is a website that allows you to apply to jobs and internships, schedule appointments with career coaches, has a directory of companies they have worked with, and much more. This is essential to have when applying for a job or internship because you can use filters to see only the results that you want. It is such an amazing resource to have!

6. Recruiting Program

The Recruiting Program is big on campus. It consists of the career fair, but also on-campus interviews. This is where employers come to Bryant and schedule an interview to see who you are. This is extremely helpful if you do not have a car, or their location is too far away.

7. Career Fair

Every semester the Amica Center holds a career fair with over a hundred employers. The weeks leading up to it, they have events for your resumes and mock interviews. The career fair is one of the biggest events that Amica puts on every year!

8. Career Coaches

This is another word for the people who work in the Amica Center! They are always willing to meet with students to discuss their futures and what services they offer. If you have never been in, now is the time to go!

9. Career Planning 101/ Courses

The Amica Center offers two courses throughout the semester that are not worth credit. One of them is exploring your major and the other is how to find an internship (of course there is more to is since there is 5 sessions, but it’s the overall point). These courses are very beneficial and will help later on when you figure out what you really want to do and how to find an internship through that. Going to these courses will only help you, so why not sign up? Space is limited!

10. THEY ALWAYS ARE WILLING TO HELP!

No matter what the problem, question, or concern is, they are always right there willing to help Bryant students achieve their dreams. 

I am a fun, outgoing person and spend my time shopping, reading, and writing for HC. I enjoy tanning and hanging with my friends or watching Netflix when I have time. Please feel free to follow me on insta at @alexandranpappas I will follow you back!