Where to Get Your Caffeine Fix Around Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Tealuxe

Located Angell Street, Tealuxe is the perfect place to grab a caffeine boost as you walk down Thayer. The interior is cozy, quiet, and the ideal spot to do work when you’re feeling sick of the library. If you are getting tired of coffee, this store has every tea imaginable with the option to add boba to any drink.

Seasonal Secret:

This year Tealuxe will fulfill your fall fantasies with their Pumpkin Spice Chai and Chaider.

Hours: Monday – Friday: 8 AM – 10 PM

Saturday – Sunday: 10 AM – 10 PM

Nitro Cart

Usually parked on either side of the main green, the Nitro Cart is a quick and convenient way to get your energy fix on your way to class. With four or five delicious and simple iced drinks on tap this cart will definitely leave you satisfied without overwhelming you with choices.

Her Campus Highlights:

Become part of the #NitroCartel and fall in love with their Dirty Chai (a mix of cold brew and chai) and Horchata.

Hours and Location: 94 Waterman Street, 10 AM – 3 PM, check instagram (@thenitrocart) to see the time and location for the following day.

The Blue Room

Right in the heart of campus the Blue Room is hard to miss. Usually swarming with devoted customers, the cafe is great if you want to pair a baked good or an easy meal with your caffeine craving.

Her Campus Highlights:

Use bear bucks or points to grab a Yerba Mate or a Nitro Cold Brew (made by the same people as the Nitro Cart!).

Hours: Monday – Friday: 7:30 AM – 9 PM

Saturday – Sunday: 9 AM – 5 PM

The Underground

If the Blue Room doesn’t have enough options for you, head downstairs to the lower level of the campus center for the cute and cozy Underground Cafe. This coffee shop is completely student run and non-for-profit, and a nice alternative to the bustling upper floors of the building.

Hours: Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM

Saturday – Sunday: Closed

Shiru Cafe

Always a lively and happening place to grab your brew, Shiru is a campus favorite for being inexpensive and actually free! Drinks can be consumed without cost inside the cafe and are $1 if you choose to take it on the go. Either way, both you and your wallet will stay satisfied.

Her Campus Highlight:

Switch things up a little bit and indulge in a rich and sweet Matcha Latte.

Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 10 PM

Saturday – Sunday: Closed

Blue State Coffee

With two locations on either end of Thayer you’ll never have to travel far without a drink from Blue State. The environment is energetic, but also relaxed, making it a great place to finish work if you don’t like complete silence.

Seasonal Secrets:

The cafe will cause some intense cravings by allowing you to make any drink pumpkin flavored, and by offering their limited edition Ethiopia Yirgacheffe-Gedeb METAD (Organic) Coffee rich with tasting notes of white grape, toffee and butterscotch.

Thayer Store Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7 AM -10 PM

Saturday-Sunday: 8 AM-10 PM

Brown Bookstore Store Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:30 AM – 8 PM

Saturday: 10 AM – 8 PM

Sunday: 10 AM – 6 PM

A freshman at Brown University, originally from New York City. I intend to study neuroscience and also enjoy art. I love discovering new places and restaurants with friends and I can't wait to keep exploring Providence!
Caleigh is the Co-Campus Correspondent of the Brown University chapter of Her Campus. She is in the class of 2021 studying History and French. She has previously held an internship position at Latina Magazine and worked as a social media editor for the Brown Daily Herald. She currently works as a digital marketing consultant for SiO Beauty. Caleigh grew up in New York City, where in her free time she explored neighborhoods looking for the best sushi and pizza, sharing her experiences through her food Instagram @food_overdudes.