What to do, what to do….

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Best Procrastination Websites:

It’s that time of year again. Finals are just around the corner and we have all put our thinking
caps on and are beginning to get ready for the final stretch. Yet, we all know we won’t be stuck in the
library all day every day. Whether we like it or not, there are two things college students do, and do
best, and those are procrastinate and stress out. One doesn’t exist without the other, so here is my list
of favorite procrastinators, so that later you can stress out when nothing has gotten done.

www.stumbleupon.com: Ahh, the beauty of stumbling. Sometimes you will find useful websites, as in
like websites you can later use for a class (this is a true story). Yet other times you will find yourself in
the beautifully painful loop of how to braid your hair a million different ways or pictures of cute puppies.
You know you have to stop, but you just can’t bring yourself to do it.

www.undergroundnewyorkpublicli… I came across this website from the previous one. I am
a lover of books and New York and this seems to capture both the awesomeness of reading and the
quirkiness of New York in one. There isn’t much to read, but try and stop yourself from scrolling through
page after page of pictures, I dare you.

www.whatshouldwecallme.tumblr…. Whoever started this website was not only a genius, but also a
trendsetter. Sure not all of us go to law school, but we all go through life being ridiculous human beings
and what better way to express that than through GIFs and funny pictures?

www.whatshouldbetchescall.tumb… For those who aren’t satisfied with the
aforementioned website.

www.whenatbrown.tumblr.com: Because the Brown experience is so much different than all
the other college experiences (but actually). We wish this would be updated more often, but still
it’s pretty great.

www.lifeasanintstudent.tumblr…. Hasn’t been updated in months, but I still find it hilarious.
Maybe because I’m international and I like to know I’m not alone in my dilemmas, or maybe
because it’s just that funny.

www.thatdisneygif.tumblr.com: That moment when your childhood and current life come
together. Your wishes are finally answered, you wanted a Disney movie that could speak for all
your current woes, look no further.

www.thoughtcatalog.com: Speaking to those who like to read a little more. The articles are sometimes
sad, sometimes funny, sometimes matter-of-factly, but you are sure to find one that speaks to you and
your state of mind. This is young people writing to young people. You read about your past, present, and
future. It’s the perfect way to connect to our generation.

www.people.com: Because who doesn’t like a little gossip and trashy reading? You know you won’t get
anything useful out of reading People magazine, and yet you keep coming back, because that’s the point
of tabloids and procrastination tools. Just make sure you don’t get too carried away and begin caring

more about the life of the Kardashians’ than your own.

www.facebook.com: We always come back don’t we? Do you remember that hot guy that used to
sit across from you in 6th grade math? Of course you do, and it’s never too late for a little trip down
memory lane, and what better moment to do it when you have that 15 page paper do in a couple of
hours. So whip out that profile and start looking, no one is going to tell you, you can’t!

www.youtube.com: I look at dance videos, but other look at funny videos, videos of babies or videos of
animals. One thing is for sure, there is an infinite number of possible ways to procrastinate on YouTube.
Because that one video will lead you to another, which will lead you to another and another and
another and the story never ends. Before you know it, it’s 3 AM and you’re on your 100 th YouTube video,
did you forget about sleeping?

Online shopping: When all else fails, open up that website of your favorite store and go crazy. Sure your
bank account won’t be too happy at the end of the night, but look at the bright side, you’ll have a whole
new wardrobe to pick from!

And in case I have provided you with too many options for things to do other than studying, and
you simply don’t have enough will power to close that freaking page, here is the solution:

Both are guaranteed to solve your problems, for a while.