HOMF MainStage HighResjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
HOMF MainStage HighResjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hangout Music Festival
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Brown Concert Agency (BCA) is holding a virtual concert for Spring Weekend on Saturday, April 10th at 7pm. Although it’s sad that we can’t enjoy Spring Weekend in its typical fashion, it’s super exciting that BCA has organized this event to celebrate and enjoy the event in a safe way. The lineup for Saturday night was just released, and it looks like a great mix of artists. 

KAYTRANADA

Based in Montreal, Kaytranada is a DJ who makes music from a variety of genres, including hip-hop, house, and funk. His newest album, BUBBA, won a Grammy this year for Best Dance/Electronic Album, and he has collaborated with very big names in the music industry such as Alicia Keys, Pharrell Williams, Mary J. Blige, and Kendrick Lamar.

Phoebe Bridgers

Phoebe Bridgers has been making music for a long time, starting in bands, and then she made her solo debut in 2017. Her genre of music is indie-rock, and she writes her own music with incredible lyrics. She was nominated for four Grammys this year and performed on SNL in February! Bridgers has done virtual performances for some other colleges including Cornell and Northeastern. 

KeiyaA

Also a singer-songwriter, KeiyaA produces her own music, which includes jazz, R&B, and hip-hop sounds. Her lyrics are powerful, and many of them focus on Black womanhood. She released her debut album, Forever, Ya Girl, in March of 2020 and has grown a strong fan base since then. Jay-Z included two tracks from the album on his annual playlist last year! Her music career is still in its early stages, but it is off to an impressive start.

It goes without saying that Spring Weekend will look different this year, but BCA has put together an awesome lineup to watch on Saturday night. Hopefully next year we can all celebrate together in person, but for now, you can have a makeshift Spring Weekend with a small group of friends and watch the virtual concert! For more information about Spring Weekend, check out BCA’s website and register to get the link to the concert here.

Hannah is a sophomore at Brown from the D.C. area in Virginia. She is concentrating in public policy.
Nora is the Campus Correspondent for Brown University's chapter. She is a Junior from New York studying Applied Math-Economics. Her interests are writing, painting, and playing tennis.