This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Every once in a while, I get sick of every playlist I have ever made. When that time comes, I usually turn the clock back to a simpler time of boy bands, Disney Channel, and early 2000s jams. I’m pretty sure everyone can remember exactly where they were when they first heard “Waking Up in Vegas” by Katy Perry or watched Troy serenade Gabriella with “Just Wanna Be With You.” For when none of your current playlists match your vibe, here’s one full of throwbacks – perfect for making studying more tolerable or bringing some nostalgia into a girls night. 

Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) by Katy Perry 

Even if it’s not a Friday night, Katy’s 2010 masterpiece can instantly change your mood. And something about her old songs just screams an elementary school sing-along with your friends on the way to soccer practice. 

S.O.S. by The Jonas Brothers

A throwback to the Disney Channel days, S.O.S. reminds us why vintage Jonas Brothers are the best Jonas Brothers (Sorry, “Sucker”). With their recent revival, it’s so important to remember how great they (and their hair styles) were when they first started. 

One Less Lonely Girl by Justin Bieber

Arguably one of JB’s best tunes, this song is a total crowd-pleaser. You’d be surprised how easily it is to remember every single lyric and instantly transport back to the land of first crushes and middle school romance. 

Best Song Ever by One Direction 

As we mourn the loss of One Direction to a permanent hiatus, “Best Song Ever” remains the best song ever. With the right amount of hype and boy-band excitement, Zayn’s high note and the famous “1, 2, 1…2…3…4” make this the perfect song for any occasion. 

Cupid Shuffle by Cupid 

Nothing makes you want to dance more than a song that literally tells you how to dance. Remember when your junior prom date couldn’t tell the difference between his left and his right when getting down to the Cupid Shuffle? Cupid has the ability to take you back to any school dance ever. 

You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift

The ultimate sing-into-your-hairbrush-until-you’re-red-in-the-face jam, the old Taylor comes back from the dead as soon as she describes being in her room on a “typical Tuesday night.” Whether you prefer short skirts or T-shirts, or high heels or sneakers, this is the ultimate throwback of all throwbacks, so enjoy. 

Listen to the rest of it! : https://open.spotify.com/user/43zwi9r5wvd63krqx8o45zs2c/playlist/4OdlWCjKgbzFgLT7uODWc2?si=MkecZzRPTVe7qeViaUbHcQ

Caleigh is the Co-Campus Correspondent of the Brown University chapter of Her Campus. She is in the class of 2021 studying History and French. She has previously held an internship position at Latina Magazine and worked as a social media editor for the Brown Daily Herald. She currently works as a digital marketing consultant for SiO Beauty. Caleigh grew up in New York City, where in her free time she explored neighborhoods looking for the best sushi and pizza, sharing her experiences through her food Instagram @food_overdudes.