This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

It’s officially October which means it’s now socially acceptable to start celebrating Halloween! In order to get into the Halloween spirit, I made a Spooky Szn playlist–guaranteed to match the mood of any quintessential fall activity you will inevitably find yourself participating in.

If you’re looking for a song to get you pumped up for a Halloween costume party, queue up “Heads Will Roll” by Yeah Yeah Yeah. 

About to go on a walk and admire the vibrant foliage? Put on “Devil Like Me” by Rainbow Kitten Surprise. This folksy song will match the mysterious mood of a walk through the woods.

“Calling All the Monsters” by China Anne McClain will surely take you back to your childhood Disney channel days. This throwback will definitely make you miss your elementary school Halloween costumes. 

You might find yourself carving pumpkins with your friends at some point during the month of October. If you do, play “Monster Mash” (the most classic Halloween song ever) by Bobby Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers. You might cringe at first, but within a minute of the song playing, you’ll be happy you put on this textbook Halloween tune.  

Lastly, when you and your roommates decide to bake a fall dessert (maybe pumpkin bread), put on “Vampire” by Dominic Fike to help you pass the time while you wait for your treat to bake. 

Although I could go on and on about the perfect Halloween activity and song pairings, I think you get the point. All the songs on my Spooky Szn playlist will match any sort of fall Halloween-inspired undertaking you concoct. Enjoy!  

Beatrice is a first-year, planning to concentrate in political science.