gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Romantic Night Close to Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Barry Schwartz, author of The Paradox of Choice, notes how positive experiences are difficult to sustain, simply because we get used to things. So how do you rekindle romance and passion?  Well a short-term solution—say for example, Valentine’s Day—is to seek out novelty. 

Romance meets Polar Express aboard the Newport Dinner Train where couples can gaze into each other’s eyes as they enjoy an award winning candlelight dinner and a dazzling view of Narragansett Bay at Sunset for $100. Call 401-841-8700 for reservations. Reservations must be made at least a week ahead, preferably two. 

Sometimes it takes an adrenaline rush to really pump up the passion. If seeing the sunset isn’t enough for you, hop on a Bird’s Eye View Helicopter for an 18-20 minute helicopter tour along the coastline and above the Newport mansions.  Then indulge even further at Sardella’s Italian Restaurant where they serve a special dinner for two (with a free bottle of wine) from Monday through Wednesday. Book your flight at http://www.riaerial.com/air_to… call 401-849-6312 for table reservations. 

If luxury is your middle name, then what you need is a quick getaway. Head on over to Groupon Getaways for some quality time with your significant other. Perhaps a pop art hotel in bustling Times Square or a down-to-earth B&B near the Rehoboth Beach will catch your fancy. 

Or if you’re like most of us poor college students saving up for a college-worthy spring break trip, order a box of City Girl cupcakes and just make dinner together. Something novel is bound to happen. “Honey, that was sugar.”