This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Looking for a tasty breakfast after a long night out? A cute brunch with the girls? Or maybe some mid-day mimosas? Nicks on Broadway, located in the West End of Providence, is the perfect spot for any and all of the above. As an indoor/outdoor contemporary American restaurant that offers a variety of brunch items, sandwiches, and pasta, it’s ideal for any meal. My family and I recently had our first experience with this restaurant and can all confidently say that it exceeded our expectations.

We arrived at Nicks for Friday brunch and were immediately seated because of the call I had made 15 minutes prior. We were lucky that they had a spot on the outdoor patio – a semi-covered area surrounded by greenery and umbrellas to provide shade, which was perfect for the sunny weather. The casual atmosphere of the bistro coupled with the open-concept kitchen made it clear why foodies rave about this place. And of course, the food did not disappoint either. The only thing I have tried, and possibly already my favorite, dish on the menu was the biscuit, egg, and cheese. This plate also comes with a side of potatoes, which are homestyle wedges roasted to perfection. While I devoured my meal, I also helped myself to a few bites of my mom’s chicken bacon club sandwich – another favorite of mine. 

While my family and I were lucky enough to have such an enjoyable dining experience, this would not have been possible without a reservation and some planning ahead. Given the popular nature of the restaurant, long wait times can become a problem unless there is a last-minute cancellation; so be sure to plan accordingly. Another thing to be aware of is the horrible parking situation. Make sure to leave yourself plenty of time to find parking, which usually ends up being on a poorly-labeled side street. You will occasionally be able to find parking on Broadway (the main street), but you will likely have to be ready to walk a short distance. If the correct precautions are taken, you will have nothing else to worry about. The staff are incredibly friendly and provide high-quality service. 10/10 review!

Muneet is a junior at Brown concentrating in Neuroscience.