This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Four months have passed since our first Overheard at Brown. Anticipating a part two, we have been collecting quotes ever since, and we are very excited to share these entertaining lines. So without further ado, here are some wise words from your fellow Brown students…

The overly confident and naive girl…

“The only reason we don’t get laid is because when we go to parties the 3 of us stand together and obviously no one is gonna come up to three 10s — we’re just too intimidating.”

Clearly, we take classes very seriously at this school…

Girl gushing about her professor: “I can’t tell if I want him to be my dad or my daddy.”

Nah… we got both though…

Professor: “UCSB used to have the most attractive kids, statistically. Do you know who does now?”

Student: “Brown!”

Professor: “Ha! Obviously not. You guys are too smart to be attractive”

When you realize college isn’t just partying and pizza…

Boy after APMA 1650 Exam: “I feel like I just got circumcised 3 times.” 

Why did Obama just become so much cooler…

Professor: “Yes, I went to high school in Hawaii with Obama. Yes, I had a higher GPA. He smoked a lot of pot. I mean A LOT of pot, which might explain the GPA issue.”

A little too young to get political?…

Professor: “When I was two years-old, I peed on Roosevelt’s grave. True story.” 

Well that’s a bit extreme..

Girl to friend: “I overthink boys so much it’s like I’m taking a fifth class.” 

The denial is real.

Professor to class: “Clarification: I do NOT live with my mother. My mother lives with ME”

If you go to Brown, please email nora_woodruff@brown.edu or katharine_dowley@brown.edu tp anonymously submit the things you hear on campus that stick with you. 

If you don’t go to Brown… is this normal?

Katharine is the Co-Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus Brown chapter. She is a Junior concentrating in Public Policy.
Nora is the Campus Correspondent for Brown University's chapter. She is a Junior from New York studying Applied Math-Economics. Her interests are writing, painting, and playing tennis.