This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

A growing trend amongst college age women is skincare. Here are my six favorite skin care products!

Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel face cream ($23.49): This facial cream from Neutrogena is a must. The cream itself is super light and does not have a thick consistency because it is water based. Additionally, this moisturizer will effectively hydrate your skin without making you break out. I recommend applying this cream to your face and neck directly after a shower. You can buy the Hydro Boost water gel face cream right on Thayer at CVS.  

Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream ($64.00): Although Drunk Elephant products are quite pricey, they are definitely worth the investment. My personal favorite is this under eye cream. If you apply this product before you go to bed, you will wake up looking refreshed and will most definitely avoid puffiness and dark under eye circles. Drunk Elephant products are available in Sephora, so you can make a trip to the Providence Place Mall to pick up this product or you can easily order it online.       

Aveeno lavender body lotion ($9.29): This lotion is affordable and also effective, not to mention the lavender scent is nice and calming. The sizing/packaging of this product is great because it comes in a big bottle with a pump. You will be set for a while if you buy just one bottle. Also the pump makes the cream easy to apply. This cream is especially helpful during the winter when our skin becomes especially dry. All Aveeno products are available at CVS on Thayer.    

Mario Badescu facial spray ($7.00): The Mario Badescu facial sprays are trending right now for a reason. These sprays are refreshing–a great facial pick me up at any time of the day. Mario Badescu offers three different sprays: lavender, rose, and green tea/cucumber. You really cannot go wrong with any of the three, however, my personal favorite is the green tea/cucumber. Mario Badescu products are sold at Urban Outfitters, so luckily, you can also pick up this product right on Thayer.

Mario Badescu toner ($14.00): Having a go to toner is essential for successful skin care. I am a big fan of the Mario Badescu toner because it effectively removes oil while not being overly harsh or abrasive towards the skin. I have found that toner is particularly useful in college because after a long day or night out, you can easily use your toner to clean your face and even take off all your makeup. You will be able to find this product right with the Mario Badscu facial sprays at Urban Outfitters on Thayer. 

Clean & Clear, Oil Absorbing Sheets ($6.00):  I never go anywhere without Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets. The sheets are travel size and therefore easy to carry in your backpack, purse, or even pocket. They are very helpful in removing excess oil from your face. As someone who has oily skin, I highly recommend these sheets; they have saved me many times from looking particularly shiny in photos. You can buy these sheets at CVS on Thayer as well.   

Beatrice is a first-year, planning to concentrate in political science.
Katharine is the Co-Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus Brown chapter. She is a Junior concentrating in Public Policy.