Mother’s Day Gift Guide: 8 Thoughtful & Creative Ideas To Spoil Your Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Sunday, May 14, marks our annual celebration of mothers and maternal figures! As this holiday approaches quickly, here is a compilation of themed gifts to delight your mom and make her feel properly appreciated. Be sure to include a heartfelt note of gratitude with these gifts, and look to Sugar Paper at Target for the perfect gift boxes to present your theme gift packages.

the relaxing gift

Your mom deserves to relax in a pair of new, charming pajamas and enjoy a gentle wake-up with Hatch. Finalize the gift with a collection of magazines or novels she can read before bedtime and a box of lovely dark chocolates or chocolate-covered strawberries. 

The luxury gift

Treat your mom to designer sunglasses from Tom Ford (on sale!) that she will surely use frequently. A Coach rattan bag and Love Shack Fancy beach towel (on sale!) will offer lovely additions in line with the sunny-inspired item. 

The dining gift

Upgrade your mom’s hosting collection with this charcuterie cheese board and select an array of fine cheeses, jams, and crackers from a local market. Include a charcuterie cookbook and a botanical apron as the final touches. 

the jewelry gift

Alex and Ani offers the perfect Mother’s Day collection of bracelets paired with a Stackers jewelry box to complete the gift and increase its practicality.

the experiential gift

Plan a mother-daughter day and produce a beautiful itinerary on Canva.com. Place the itinerary inside your card and enjoy a special occasion with your loved one. Potential plans include a coffee date, a special walk at a local park, a spa experience and pedicure, or a concert.

The coffee table gift

Create a caffeine-inspired gift with this toile Maman Travel Mug that is beautiful and practical. Further, Maman is the French term for “”mama”” which makes this mug all the more fitting for the occasion. Include the Maman coffee poster and a package of delicious coffee beans in the gift basket. 

The floral gift

Give the gift of lasting floral beauty with these Venus et Fleur flower boxes. Also, purchase a floral-scented candle from Diptyque to complete the spring-inspired gift with a nicely aromatic element. 

The business woman gift

personalized card holder and set of stationery will surely delight your high-powered mother. If you are looking for a higher-end element, a Mont Blanc pen will suffice and be a useful desk item. 

Maggie Seidel is the President of the Her Campus at Brown chapter. In this role, she oversees and recruits new members and writers, produces content for Pinterest and Instagram, manages the calendar, editorial process, and brand partnerships, leads weekly meetings and outreach, and contributes weekly articles. Maggie studies International & Public Affairs and Entrepreneurship, and she is a current sophomore. She is also a chair on the executive leadership team of Brown University's Women in Business, the Co-Editor-In-Chief of the Intercollegiate Finance Journal, a teaching assistant for an entrepreneurship class at Brown, and a member of Kappa Delta sorority. Her Campus is Maggie's place of happy. She also loves to play tennis, celebrate holidays of any and all kinds, curate new Pinterest boards, and enjoy a leisurely weekend brunch and cup of warm coffee.