Marni for H&M

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

In November Versace launche its capsule collection with H&M. To say it was a success is an understatement. By 5pm that day, all stores in New York had sold out. Pairing with H&M has become a perfect combination for haute couture houses to penetrate the mass market. People who could only dream of designer clothing can now access it if they are patient enough and stand in line for a few hours. The reason these golden teams have worked so well — think Karl Lagerfeld, Jimmy Choo, Stella McCartney — is because designers are not willing to compromise craftsmanship. They strive to use, yes, cheaper materials, but the fit, the style and the trademsrks that define the brands are still there in all their glory. On March 12 prepare it’s Marni’s turn. Expect beautiful prints, polka dots and vibrant color combinations. Consuelo Castiglioni, Marni’s mastermind, aims to please her fans keeping the brands structured yet trendy style. Get ready! 

Luisa Robledo and Haruka Aoki instantly bonded over the love for witty writing and haute couture. Haruka, a self-professed fashionista, has interned at Oak Magazine and various public relations companies where she has reached leadership positions. Luisa, a passionate journalist and editor of the Arts and Culture section of Brown University's newspaper, has interned and Vogue and has co-designed a shoe collection for the Colombian brand Kuyban. Together, they aim to create a website that deals with the real issues that college women face, a space that can serve as a forum of communication. With the help of an internationally-minded team section editors and writers who have different backgrounds, experiences, and mentalities, these two Brown girls will establish a solid presence on-campus.