Culture > News

I Attended the 3rd Annual NYC Women’s March, And Here Are Some Of The Most Entertaining Signs I Saw

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Below are some of my personal favorite signs from the NYC Women’s Alliance March on Saturday, January 19, 2019. Despite the numerous ideological controversies that took place in the lead up to the marches, women (and humans of all ages, backgrounds, races, religions, shapes, sizes, and colors) attending the Alliance March were able to come together to support a cause we could all stand behind: equality. From a speech by guest speaker Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to a triumphant march past Trump International Hotel and Tower and FOX news headquarters, the marchers were energetic yet composed. And, as evidenced by the 13 signs below, protesters displayed their clever sides with witty, humorous, and powerful signs.

1. Boys will be boys FEMINISTS

2. Obama, are you coming home soon? The babysitter is weird!

3. I will be a better president! (held by a seven year old)

4. We need to talk about the elephant in the womb (photo credit: Amanda M. Hatfield) 5. Fuckboy Repellent / Boss babes (Photo credit: Amanda M. Hatfield)6. Pussy Power

7. I know, I know, I’m standing up for myself, I’m SUCH a bitch

8. Empowered Women Empower Women9. This is so sad Alexa play “God Is A Woman”10. My wife wears the pants (and whatever the hell else she wants)11. I pee on walls

12. A woman’s place is in the House…and the Senate (and the White House!!!!!)

13. Does this ass make my country look small?

Madeleine is a rising junior at Brown University, studying International and Public Affairs with a concentration in Development.
Caleigh is the Co-Campus Correspondent of the Brown University chapter of Her Campus. She is in the class of 2021 studying History and French. She has previously held an internship position at Latina Magazine and worked as a social media editor for the Brown Daily Herald. She currently works as a digital marketing consultant for SiO Beauty. Caleigh grew up in New York City, where in her free time she explored neighborhoods looking for the best sushi and pizza, sharing her experiences through her food Instagram @food_overdudes.