Life > Experiences

How to Spend a Well-Deserved Long Weekend!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Happy Fall Break! Sunny skies are reported, which means that these three days will be ideal for enjoying the fleeting, treasured moments of warm weather. If your calendar awaits fun activities, here are some ideas:

1. Visit Newport, use the RIPTA, and enjoy a coastal stroll with friends.
  2. Pick up local produce at the farmers’ market & have an outdoor picnic on the Main Green.
  3. Explore the Providence Capital during the day & try a new Providence restaurant at night.
  4. Take yourself out on a date. Enjoy some personal rejuvenation and nourishment as a reward for all your hard work this semester. 
  5. Clean your dorm… although it sounds less appealing at first glance, there are ways to make cleaning an enjoyable experience. Begin by playing your favorite playlist, changing your sheets, vacuuming, and tidying your desk space, and conclude with a feeling of productivity, completion, and a newfound sense of cleanliness. 
  6. Call a friend from home & schedule a Zoom coffee date. The extra day off is the perfect time to reconnect with hometown friends.
  7. Go thrifting with friends. Return from fall break with some new key pieces to enhance your colder wardrobe collection. 
  8. Visit Trader Joe’s! Few places offer a more seasonally-engaging array of snacks, treats, and meals. Perhaps you cook a delicious fall spread with your roommates in the kitchen or bake some tasty pumpkin treats. Either way, your palette will be delighted by the tastes of all things Trader Joe’s fall, and the excursion will feel like a reprieve from the consuming paradigm of school and assignments.
😵‍💫 Related: Tips to Help you Overcome Mid-Semester Burnout
Maggie Seidel is the President of the Her Campus at Brown chapter. In this role, she oversees and recruits new members and writers, produces content for Pinterest and Instagram, manages the calendar, editorial process, and brand partnerships, leads weekly meetings and outreach, and contributes weekly articles. Maggie studies International & Public Affairs and Entrepreneurship, and she is a current sophomore. She is also a chair on the executive leadership team of Brown University's Women in Business, the Co-Editor-In-Chief of the Intercollegiate Finance Journal, a teaching assistant for an entrepreneurship class at Brown, and a member of Kappa Delta sorority. Her Campus is Maggie's place of happy. She also loves to play tennis, celebrate holidays of any and all kinds, curate new Pinterest boards, and enjoy a leisurely weekend brunch and cup of warm coffee.