How to Cure the Allergy Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

So, I know for the past few weeks I have been celebrating the arrival of spring. But, there are some unfortunate aspects of this season. Running noses. Itchy eyes. Constant sneezing. Spring season is also allergy season. But, just because it seems like pollen is out to ruin your life, doesn’t mean you have to look like it! There are tons of make up solutions that you can find in the CVS on Thayer or any local drugstore in order to look as fresh and fabulous as the springtime breeze!

During allergy season, there may be so much red on your face that some people may even begin to think that it is your favorite color. And, obviously, if it is your favorite color, you would much rather your rock it without the assistance of other allergens. But, not to fear! There are tons of ways to decrease the redness in your eyes as well as the red you may experience around your nose if you are prone to congestion.

Try some Visine or Rhoto Ice Redness Relief for some fast relief as these eye drops can quickly be applied if you have a break in between classes or before you are about to run out the door to start your day. These eye drops go for about $7 dollars online as well as in store. If you are also suffering from puffiness in the eye, don’t forget to order some eye rollers that can assist with the appearance of swelling. Clinque’s “All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye-Massage” got excellent reviews by some of its users and is oil-free, non-irritating, ophthalmologist tested, and suitable for all skin types! The roller is super small and can easily fit in a bag or backpack if you need to apply a quick swipe during the day.

In order to get rid of redness on the face, there are also make-up and skin care techniques that can help reduce the appearance of a splotchy complexion. The most important thing is to moisturize your nose as well as other areas that seem to stay consistently red. In order to implement some additional moisture in your daily routine, pick up some tissues infused with lotion so you can moisturize immediately after you sneeze.

If you are still in need of some extra coverage, a silicone-based primer will help smooth out the face and create a more toned look to your skin. Also, be sure to carry around some shimmery bronzer around with you. The bit of glitter can help perk up your face. Fun fact! Green cancels red. So, another trick to reduce redness is to also apply a green concealer to your face. But, since you are dealing with color, you have to be a bit more careful. Remember that less is more and be sure to alternate between the green corrector and a concealer that matches your skin tone in order avoid any multi-toned results. So, if you are going to try this, leave a bit more time in your morning routine to play around and ensure that all your unwanted redness is combated!

Isabelle is a native New Yorker from Great Neck, Long Island. She is currently a sophomore at Brown University. Throughly in love with medicine and media, she hopes to become a medical correspondent for a major news outlet. When she isn't DJing for 95.5 WBRU or writing for HerCampus, you can find her on the elliptical watching Scandal. Or, in her room watching Scandal. Depends on the day. She also loves the color green, is obsessed with smoothie making, and loves to rep her Haitian heritage.