This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

HALFWAY is an art show featuring work by a group of talented friends. They describe their show as “a collaborative exhibition by eleven sophomores who happen to be halfway between home, art, and real life.” Their art is about “that space in between or that time in the middle,” a feeling or sensibility that most if not all college students can get behind and relate to. The spirit of the show is open, casual and celebratory – there is a real sense of joy in the playful coming together of different creative minds; artists that display with their own names and with show pseudonyms such as WESASO, WISE GUY, DA SARGE and BARHOL. Artists include: Wes Sanders, Danny Sobor, Elizabeth Cox, Sarah Weiss, Lee Bernstein, Ignacio Semerene, Nicole Hasslinger, Emily Toomey, Caleb Weinreb, Katy Windemuth, and Chae Lin Suh.

The nature of the show’s reception echoed this ethos – supporters gathered to drink and eat and listen to live music, provided by student groups Clyde Lawrence & Company and The Arun Janssens Combo. The variety of art is definitely exciting. There are mixed media pieces, screen-prints, works in glass, and a broad range of subjects and styles; from abstraction to figurative and narrative work. Check it out! It won’t disappoint.