Style

Five Useful, Timeless College Graduation Gifts

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

After four years of late nights in the library, long days rushing from class to class, and endless TA sessions and office hours, finally receiving your diploma on the podium is a momentous occasion. Celebrate all of your hard work with a gift that will last and evoke fond memories when you look at it years from now. From classic watches to some basics to get your adult life started, scroll down for five timeless graduation gift ideas. 

Watches

These days watches may seem superfluous, as we are constantly glued to our phones, but a watch, smart or analog, is a timeless accessory that serves the dual function of fashion and utility. If you are a fitness and wellness enthusiast, you cannot go wrong with an Apple watch to track your workouts, sleep, and heart rate. If you prefer a more timeless piece, try one of these classic watches, which will surely become family heirlooms. 

Coffee or Espresso Maker

In college you may have frequented the dining hall or Starbucks for your daily coffee run, but adulting means investing in a high quality machine to make your coffee at home. If you prefer espresso beverages like lattes or americanos and want the ease of automation, try this Nespresso machine. If you want to become your own barista, this espresso machine will turn your kitchen into your favorite local coffee shop in no time. Is regular coffee more your speed? Ask for this cult favorite Chemex pour-over coffeemaker.    

Work Bag

Graduating from college means finally graduating from your backpack. Enter the workforce with a bag that will both fit all your necessities and show your mature style like this simple Madewell tote or gorgeous suede tote. Want to splurge? Go for this Goyard tote that can be personalized with initials or vibrant colors. 

Jewelry 

Classic jewelry is an excellent investment, as it will last for years to come, can appreciate in value, and could become a future family heirloom. For earrings, you cannot go wrong with simple diamond studs or pearl earrings. This necklace is dainty, but makes a statement. A pearl bracelet may sound old-fashioned, but it is classic and will go with everything. Finally, every girl needs a sturdy pair of gold hoops

Apartment Basics

Moving into your first apartment post-college? You will definitely need a few basics to make the space functional. Start with a quality sheet and duvet set or ask for basic cookware, so you don’t have to rely on takeout and delivery. Plan on cheffing it up? An air-fryer is an excellent tool for the beginner cook with limited time. Love a morning smoothie? Go for this personal blender that will whip up a delicious meal with little clean up.

Alexandra Tucker is a writer at Brown's Her Campus chapter from Boston, Massachusetts. She writes on style, culture, food, and Providence. Alex is currently a junior at Brown University, concentrating in Public Health and Health and Human Biology. She is a volunteer at The Miriam Hospital in Providence, is a member of the Women's Health Advocacy Group, manages the social media account of Fashion @ Brown, and belongs to the Kappa Delta sorority. In her free time, Alex enjoys doing yoga, frequenting cute cafes around Providence and Boston, doing New York Times crossword puzzles, and exploring Brown's campus on foot with a good podcast.