This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

I love any kind of cookies, from razor-thin sugar cookies to gooey chocolate peanut butter cookies. While my go-to recipe is Ghirardelli chocolate chip cookies, I have always wanted to bake the decadently thick cookies that come from bakeries like Levain. However, I am a self-proclaimed fainéant cook – when I saw that a new bakery specializing in these cookies had opened its doors in Wayland Square, I was delighted that I would be able to purchase them instead of making them myself. 

This week I made a visit to the new store, which first opened on February 13th, 2021. The wafting smell of freshly baked cookies emanating from the shop and the brightly lit and fabulously pink exterior did much to make it stand out from other stores on the street. After trying their cookies, I am so glad to have made this discovery so quickly. Feed the Cheeks’ interior and exterior decoration is just as vibrant as its cookies: pink paint covers the walls and fun decorations like a pink rotary telephone, a pink mixer, and neon signs on the walls are perfect for Instagram photo-ops! 

I chose a selection of the four signature cookies – chocolate chip, funfetti, chocolate peanut butter, and red velvet – all of which I will review below. I also encourage readers to grab a warm cookie and a glass of milk before continuing this article. Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cookie: 9/10

It’s hard to go wrong with a chocolate chip cookie and Feed the Cheeks’ thick, doughy version was certainly not an exception. The cookie was cooked to perfection: perfectly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Luckily, I had come at the perfect time to eat it, since it had just been taken out of the oven. This cookie might have benefited from a little sea salt since its sweetness was slightly overpowering, but I still absolutely loved it. 

Chocolate Peanut Butter: 7/10

Unlike many of my friends, I am not a diehard chocolate lover. Therefore, I sought my friend’s advice concerning this flavor as well. For me, the combination of chocolate and peanut butter in a thick warm cookie is far too rich for my tastes. On the other hand, this was my friend’s favorite flavor and she ate the whole thing! We agreed that it was good, and our favors to it just depended on our tastes. So if you love a rich dessert, this flavor is for you!

Funfetti: 8.5/10

I absolutely loved this flavor! I love a sugar cookie, and its sprinkles just added a simple layer of fun and reflected the trendy atmosphere of the shop. While this was my favorite, it proved too sweet for my friend who preferred the more decadent chocolate peanut butter cookie. But if you love cookie batter ice cream or sugary cupcakes, you must try the funfetti cookie!

Red Velvet: 6.5/10

Of all the four flavors, we found the red velvet cookie to be the most disappointing. Much of this could be due to our own biases, but we didn’t think the flavor was super special. While Red Velvet is typically not as popular of a flavor as chocolate and vanilla, this one also didn’t have a super distinct flavor. Although it was still yummy, it was not our favorite cookie in comparison to the rest. However, if you love red velvet cake or cupcakes, then you must try it.

Also, make sure to try their March Cookie of the Month “THICC Mint!” And find out more about Feed the Cheeks on their website, on their Instagram page @feedthecheeks, or by visiting their shop at 182 Wayland Ave in Providence! 

Brown University, Class of 2023
Katharine is the Co-Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus Brown chapter. She is a Junior concentrating in Public Policy.