Life > Experiences

Brown University Spring Bucket List: 7 Fun Activities To Do With Friends Before The End Of The Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.
Host An Outdoor Picnic on Main Green

Stroll to Trader Joe’s, pick up a bouquet of flowers, some fruit-flavored drinks, and your favorite assortment of treats and produce. Enjoy them on a sunny afternoon on the Green with your friends.   

go to the beach

There are so many nearby beaches that are short rides away from campus. I recently visited Barrington Beach via ZipCar. Queue a summer playlist, roll the windows down, and enjoy the coastal views en route to a beach day. 

scrapbook

Commemorate the spring semester by printing your memorable images at the CVS on Thayer Street. Select a poster, canvas, or photo album and decorate it with images, captions, stickers, and drawings which will serve to create a time capsule of your past semester at Brown. 

attend spring weekend

Buy tickets for Brown’s outdoor concert weekend and celebrate the conclusion of classes with your friends on the Green. 

try a new restaurant in providence

Adventure off-campus in honor of the successful conclusion of your spring courses. Some personal favorite dining options include Hemenways, Waterman Grille, and Pasta Beach. 

plan a sunset riverside walk

Embrace the warmer temperatures and longer days with a stroll along the river. 

go strawberry picking

A delightful daytime activity that will result is a spread of delicious berries.

Maggie Seidel is the President of the Her Campus at Brown chapter. In this role, she oversees and recruits new members and writers, produces content for Pinterest and Instagram, manages the calendar, editorial process, and brand partnerships, leads weekly meetings and outreach, and contributes weekly articles. Maggie studies International & Public Affairs and Entrepreneurship, and she is a current sophomore. She is also a chair on the executive leadership team of Brown University's Women in Business, the Co-Editor-In-Chief of the Intercollegiate Finance Journal, a teaching assistant for an entrepreneurship class at Brown, and a member of Kappa Delta sorority. Her Campus is Maggie's place of happy. She also loves to play tennis, celebrate holidays of any and all kinds, curate new Pinterest boards, and enjoy a leisurely weekend brunch and cup of warm coffee.