7 Can’t-Miss Fall Activities Around Providence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

It’s the Fall season! Crisp apples, warm pumpkin spice lattes, and colourful leaved are abound. If you are ready to celebrate the season, grab some friends and explore all that Providence has to offer this Fall with the selection below:

1. Apple Picking

Nothing screams fall more than ambling through an apple orchard and picking some fresh apples right off the tree. Thankfully, there are some great farms a short drive from Providence that offer acres of apple trees to pick from. Go to Jaswell Farms in Smithfield or Pippin Orchard in Cranston and don’t forget to stop for warm apple cider and fresh baked cider donuts on your way out!

2. Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular

Starting September 28th, Roger Williams Park Zoo lights up more than 5,000 carved pumpkins at their truly awe-inspiring Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular. Purchase tickets online in advance and bring your friends to one of the highlights of the Halloween season!

3. Visit a Pumpkin Patch

Still searching for cute fall room decor? Visit a local pumpkin patch and decorate your room with your picks! Visit Pezza Farm in Johnston and take a hayride through the patch or feed the cows in the pasture.

4. enjoy a PSL

Can’t get enough of the Starbucks PSL, but hate the line on Thayer? Try some local cafes that are offering up an arguably better version of the seasonal classic. Dave’s and Sydney PVD are both serving their version of a PSL that you can easily pick up before that dreaded 9 AM class.

5. Go on a Haunted Hayride or Ghost Tour

Do you love scary movies and all things haunted during the Halloween season? Scary Acres in Hope is offering a haunted hayride and burial ground corn field that will definitely give you chills. More of a history buff? Go on a Ghost Tour and learn about the haunted history of Providence.

6. Leaf Peep

Take advantage of New England’s beautiful fall foliage and take a stroll through Providence’s parks. Grab a camera or simply take it all in at India Point Park or Neutaconkanut Hill  where you will get beautiful views of both the trees and downtown Providence.

7. Have a Trader Joe’s Picnic

Walk down to Trader Joes  and pick up some delicious seasonal goodies for a fun and festive picnic! I highly recommend trying the pumpkin Joe Joe’s, pumpkin tortilla chips with the Fall Harvest salsa, the pumpkin spice pretzel slims, or the pumpkin bread and packing it all in a picnic basket to bring to Prospect Park for a Fall feast.

Alexandra Tucker is a writer at Brown's Her Campus chapter from Boston, Massachusetts. She writes on style, culture, food, and Providence. Alex is currently a junior at Brown University, concentrating in Public Health and Health and Human Biology. She is a volunteer at The Miriam Hospital in Providence, is a member of the Women's Health Advocacy Group, manages the social media account of Fashion @ Brown, and belongs to the Kappa Delta sorority. In her free time, Alex enjoys doing yoga, frequenting cute cafes around Providence and Boston, doing New York Times crossword puzzles, and exploring Brown's campus on foot with a good podcast.